Holiday decorations?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
So, are your holiday decorations still up? Did you take them down already?

A lot of people around here took their decorations down the day after Christmas. I think so many put them up so early this year that they got sick of them. I took down all of my outdoor decorations already. Other than the Christmas tree, most of my indoor decorations are snowmen and I'm going to leave them up for the winter. The tree is still up and I don't care all that much. :lol: It's cozy to sit at night with the lights on. It may come down this weekend but maybe not. :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure ours are all down. I think my husband took down the outdoor lights but I'm not 100% on that. 90% sure he did.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Except for our snowmen stuff, everything is gone. Finally got the tree down earlier this week.
I'll put my Winterberry dishes and accessories away in February and bring out the Fiesta.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Everything was packed up and put away before New Year's Eve. But I'd put it all up in mid-November, which was much earlier than other years, so once Christmas Day was over, I was ready to start getting things back to normal.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took all mine down over New Years....well....ALL is a pretty strong word...I only had my Christmas tree this year....and it only had lights on it! :paperbag: New cats....I was testing the waters...:lol: 🎄:gingercat:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On my street we only have white lights strung across trees. They are all still out there, so mine are too. Yesterday I took down and packed away the tree, Meghan stopped climbing the tree shortly before Christmas but, when I came to put it away, two of the branches had been lifted out of their sockets and were just held in place by the other branches. No breakages this year as I'd only used metal, plastic and paper ornaments. I wonder if she'll behave better next year! :)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just realized we still have our Chrisrmas cards hung up on the side of the fridge. So those are our last Christmas "decorations".

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Only one house on our block has outdoor lights and decorations up. I have to admit with it getting dark so early in winter it was kind of nice to see all the outdoor lights.

One of the very first teachers I worked with gave me a Christmas, (snowman), book end that was personalized with our family name. Unfortunately she passed away at only 40 yrs. old from cancer leaving her husband and 1 yr. old baby. :sniffle: That was 25 yrs. ago but I still leave the bookend out all year long on the shelf.:touched:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We turned off the outside lights on January 7th but didn’t take the outside stuff down till last weekend. I have my valentine door decoration up. Inside its all Christmas. I’ve noticed a number of trees in people’s windows still. I’m still enjoying the lights after everyone goes to bed. I’d love something forc the rest of the year.

I have some valentine stuff so that’s motivation to get it down. Easter is early this year so we will move through holiday decorations quickly.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ours are still up. We just had our Twelfth Night celebration this past Saturday and have been too sore from cooking and standing to even think about it. Besides, I love my tree! It will probably come down this coming Sunday.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one very small, fake tree in my bedroom that I intentionally left up. Apart from that, I have a little bell hanging up that I just forgot to pack away :lol:

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't have much up to begin with and it's all been taken down and put away. The town I work in has a block decorated for Winter and I enjoy seeing those decorations and lights.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I still have my angels up and lit... and my teeny tiny nativity is still next to the stereo...
Just cannot seem to get myself to put them away.. I like the light at night.. need some cheerfulness..

Just about everything else is gone; except for snowman on door, and a wall hanging of "Let it Snow"...I am afraid to take that down.. .......jinx.... :flail: