Hole and missing hair on top of my cats head with pus coming out

CarrHouse5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I am so worried about my cat butter scotch he had this sore about 2 weeks ago it went away after I cleaned it and it went away he is a outside cat that comes inside during the night , he came in tonight with the score back on his head it’s way worse this time and has puss coming out of it and it has a hole in it I can’t get him in to the vet for 3 weeks I need help I can’t get a picture of it cause he went under the couch and I can’t get him out but it looks like this picture

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like a burst abscess to me. If you can get a picture it will help but he should see a vet and have antibiotics. Are you able to bathe it in warm clear water to get the pus out. There are some OTC creams fir animals that will help but try phoning your vet and see if you can come to an arrangement for him to be seen and treated.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you can manage to get a pic, please send it to your vet - they may be able to prescribe treatment for it over the phone. I would still call them as mentioned above - with or without the pic - and ask for directions on how to properly clean it as well as if they would prescribe an antibiotic for it because it is likely infected. Also, as mentioned above, you need to keep him inside until this has healed. Allowing him outside is asking for the sore to be repeatedly exposed to dirt and debris, and additional trauma if he should fight with other cats.