Hobie The 19 Year Old Maine Coon Is Home!

oldgloryrags88

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Finally, I was ready to adopt again after I lost my Angel on September 5, 2017 to oral squamous cell carcinoma cancer. I still miss my baby girl so very much, but honestly my 22 months with her was priceless. :)
And, she sent me Hobie, or at least I think so.

Hobie is a 19 year old male Maine Coon, he'll be 20 years old on July 16! Born July 16, 1999 and I adopted him yesterday!

Angel, my blind and previously abused Persian at 13 years old.
IMG_1945.jpg

Hobie, 19.10 year old sweet old guy!
IMG_7922.jpg

IMG_7933.jpg

IMG_7921.JPG
IMG_7915.JPG

Hobie was fed a vegan diet :( for the past 3 weeks and this is why he is skin and bones, but he is slowly coming off of it and onto a correct wet cat food with a high calorie supplement. He has a vet appointment soon! Previous blood work says he is very healthy.

Just wanted to share my new project guy (as I affectionately call him :) !

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So nice of you to take care of this old charming guy!

At the end he is part of the same Cat-kind as your Angel the Cat. (We talk about man-kind, humanity etc. - we think we, the humans, are "special", although we are not. So why dont use Cat-kind as well?).

I think the vet will also advise you on how to get back the cat's food into the diet. Cats have a very sensitive metabolism so extra-care would be wise, in my opinion.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful guy he is! I can see the spunk and the love in his beautiful face. All he wants is love, and I am so happy he will have it now for the rest of his life, no matter how long that precious guy has, because he has you! You will be blessed for taking him on, few would even think of it at his age. He is so blessed taht you both found each other. May the good Lord bless you both and give him the strength to live a happy, healthy long time!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on your beautiful boy!!! I would love to see more pics after he is on a regular meat protein high fat high diet. I am sure there are people here with main coons that can give you some tips

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
"we think we, the humans, are "special", although we are not. So why dont use Cat-kind as well? "

I agree with you on that statement , humans think we are so dam special, but we forget that humans are animals too and so far when i look at the world how it is today, i think humans are the stupidest species existing atm lol.

Stinky15

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Finally, I was ready to adopt again after I lost my Angel on September 5, 2017 to oral squamous cell carcinoma cancer. I still miss my baby girl so very much, but honestly my 22 months with her was priceless. :)
And, she sent me Hobie, or at least I think so.

Hobie is a 19 year old male Maine Coon, he'll be 20 years old on July 16! Born July 16, 1999 and I adopted him yesterday!

Angel, my blind and previously abused Persian at 13 years old.
View attachment 283904

Hobie, 19.10 year old sweet old guy!
View attachment 283905

View attachment 283906

View attachment 283907
View attachment 283908

Hobie was fed a vegan diet :( for the past 3 weeks and this is why he is skin and bones, but he is slowly coming off of it and onto a correct wet cat food with a high calorie supplement. He has a vet appointment soon! Previous blood work says he is very healthy.

Just wanted to share my new project guy (as I affectionately call him :) !
Poor baby! I know you will get him back to all he can be.
Good on you for adopting!
Vegan Cat Diet, what's wrong with people.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for adopting an older Cat like that. This sort of thing almost makes me question having zero faith in humanity.

Hobie was fed a vegan diet :( for the past 3 weeks and this is why he is skin and bones, but he is slowly coming off of it and onto a correct wet cat food with a high calorie supplement.
.....But then I see something like this, and zero faith in humanity is restored. Whoever did that should be arrested for animal cruelty and willful neglect.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no doubt that you will get that young man in top shape! I have been giving our cats GNC cat vitamins and fish oils that we get from Petsmart for years now and they are all so very healthy, I think they will outlive me and Deb lol!!

So so glad you did this, this makes my heart smile!!!!!:D :biggrin: :rock: