Hobie, a Red Classic Tabby Maine Coon: July 16, 1999 - November 4, 2019

oldgloryrags88

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My sweet Hobie passed away on November 4, 2019. I had him for nearly 6 months (it would have been 6 months on the 6th).

I got him up to nearly 9 lbs, and he made it to nearly 20 years, 4 months old. :redheartpump:
He weighted just 3.5 lbs when I adopted him on May 6, 2019 (he was a "vegan" cat).

Goodnight, Hobie. I love you!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I remember you posting pictures of him and us all being so happy for him and you, I am sad to hear of this. But you gave him a wonderful life albeit only for 6 months, and I am sure that those were the happiest months of his life. He is fine now, just fine, and when you meet again one day he will say "thank you for what you did for me".

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you.......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That you gave him such care and such a wonderful home for his last six months is everything to that precious boy. I'm sure he was filled with such love and awe on what was happening he was in bliss.....
6 months is not a long time to you, but at twenty years old it was a lifetime for that sweet boy. I would imagine he could barely comprehend what was happening, and how this miracle occured in his life. And to end that life surrounded by such a wonderful love and home gave him a peace he will now carry for eternity. It takes a special kind of person to put the time, love and effort into helping and loving a near twenty year old cat, and I thank God there are angels like you on this earth.
My heart goes out to you, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know he will forever be secure in your heart now, and that is exactly where he wants to be. He will be forever as close as your thoughts and prayers because love is spiritual and does not die with the end of the physical being. "Death cannot take that which never dies".......well done my friend and bless you for caring.......RIP precious Hobie. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you sooooooo very much Oldgloryrags88 for giving that old sweet gentleman cat Hobie a wonderful life as he crossed the finish line. It was so kind of you to do so.

Rest easy Hobie old boy, you walk with the Angles now, and for ever more. You earned your rest.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Hobie, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

You had him for such a short time....but where there is love, an eternity would not have been long enough, would it? And Hobie, bless him, left this world knowing what love is, knowing what a full tummy really felt like, knowing that he was a beloved cat and family member. If not for you, he would never have known any of these things. And now, he dances on sunlight, as he waits for you in a place where Time has no meaning, and Eternity is but a moment. He waits there, happy, and whole, for you, in the fullness of time, to join him in joyous reunion.

Until that far away day, dance on, Hobie, dance on!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I remember you posting pictures of him and us all being so happy for him and you,
Ditto! I remember your initial post with pics of your sweet Hobie too. You helped to make his last months on earth as peaceful and comfortable as possible. :touched: My heartfelt sympathies go out to you on the passing of your dear angelic boy. :angel:

BluenIsaacBoys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss. The senior kitties can teach us so much...they are so special. What a wonderful thing you did to take Hobie in and care for him in the wintertime of his life!

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I saw Hobie's name here my heart jumped.

We were all rooting for him.

When you introduced him to us, he instantly became a part of our hearts. We will miss him also.

You gave him back his pride, you gave him love, care, food, shelter and a safe home.

And now I have read on one of your posts that you are helping another cat in need.

Thank you.

Take time to look after yourself also.