Hissy update

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my wild girl is almost a normal house cat now: she will sit on me when I watch TV, joins the hat heap on the bed and no longer needs to be served 'special' meals as she eats at the communal trough....er dishes and interacts with all the cats, not just Jack or Tippy. Her best normal cat behaviour? The other day I watched something called Too Cute which featured kittens and one really noisy one. She heard that 'lost kitten howling and went on a rampage to find and rescue the kitten. She looked everywhere, finally looking behind the tv, then in front of it, under the TV stand, then returning to repeat until she saw the kitten on the screen. She sniffed and realised it wasn't real and retreated to where ever she had been. .

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww!!!!!!!! I missed her rescue story, but it's always heart warming to hear about a hissy kitty being so settled, trusting, and happy! :rub:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hssy was born here, came out hissing and never made any other sound. She was wild as a kitten and got worse. Two years ago, she bolted into the house as I was gonig to feed the barn cats and she has been inside ever since. Before breaking into jail, I could pet her when she was eating and that was it and was much worse, even running away from the food until I stepped back; her greatest accomplishmen besides being a great mouser was answering to her name. Since she came in. she has learned to meow, beg for attention and accept normal attention and now added acting normally to her repertoire, She shows no interest in the outside and only ventures near the door if she thinks Louie will share his special food with her......although the special food is just a small tin of the same thing the rest get.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my wild girl is almost a normal house cat now: she will sit on me when I watch TV, joins the hat heap on the bed and no longer needs to be served 'special' meals as she eats at the communal trough....er dishes and interacts with all the cats, not just Jack or Tippy. Her best normal cat behaviour? The other day I watched something called Too Cute which featured kittens and one really noisy one. She heard that 'lost kitten howling and went on a rampage to find and rescue the kitten. She looked everywhere, finally looking behind the tv, then in front of it, under the TV stand, then returning to repeat until she saw the kitten on the screen. She sniffed and realised it wasn't real and retreated to where ever she had been. .
lol makes me wonder if she would have taken care of the kitten if the kitten was actually stuck behind the TV my cat Bumble pop did the same thing when i was watching a show and a kitten was stuck in the pipe and bumble was trying to find it :p