Hissing At Nothing

Minxrat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My little weirdo Milo has an alarming new habit. He's 11 months old and indoors. Every now and then he gets the zoomies but is now finishing it by sitting on the chest of drawers and hissing.

I've heard him hissing at nothing before. All this is very recent and it worries me that Poppy is going to get the brunt end of it. As she's blind, he whacks her in the face and she doesn't see it coming. I wouldn't say he's aggressive, more bored I think......

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Don’t worry about the hissing at nothing. It is just something some kittens and cats do during play. My Willow is eight and she still hisses at her toys, at the ceiling and sometimes at something she imagines or only she can see. The older cat can probably tell the difference between actually being aggressively hisssed at and the play hisses.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Minxrat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's a relief! He's really changing now, not so cuddly anymore - until the winter bedding goes back on and he can snuggle - and I do worry about Poppy.

I've put his collar and bell back on and he wasn't happy lol. A period of wearing it a day will get him used to it and then Poppy can hear him :)