Himalayan or Ragdoll

BooetBear

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

We’re currently fostering this sweet guy from our local animal rescue centre, picked him up on Tuesday.

He’s currently nameless so name suggestions welcome! (I have two other sweet boys of my own , Teddy & Oscar).

I’m wondering if anyone can tell me if he’s a Himalayan or a Ragdoll? - It’s not important either way but I’m curious!

(one photo at home with us, the other taken at the shelter)

All we know is that he was surrendered by someone who breeds. Unfortunately they wouldn’t give up his mama. We assume the rest of the kittens were sold, no idea why they kept hold of this little one before giving him up to the shelter. He’s, we believe just under a year old.

Thanks in advance for your help 💙🐾

Attachments

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh Wow he is absolutely stunning 😍
My first thought was a Chocolate point Ragdoll but its really difficult when you haven't got any paperwork.
Maybe the previous owner kept him for Stud but he wasn't proven enough (producing big litters etc= more cash) At least he has a lovely home with you now where I'm sure he will be spoilt rotten. 😊
I like the names Rocco, Charlie, Loki and Freddo(Fred) unfortunately I've got to think of a girl name for our new kitten, typical hey.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BooetBear

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love Freddie - but we have a Teddy! Charlie is on my list - hasn’t thought of Rocco!!

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does not look like a Himalayan to me. According to the Birman standard his ears are supposed to be nearly as wide as tall (which they appear to be) eyes rounded but the out corner very slightly tilted up. I am no expert on Birmans though. but he definitely does not look Himalayan.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is so cute and shaggy!

He isn't a Himalayan or Birman (the Birman breed has white feet). He doesn't really look like a typical Ragdoll either, but if he came from a backyard breeder, he could be a Ragdoll... or he could be a pointed domestic longhair without specific breed ancestry... some "breeders" breed domestics and sell them as specific breeds.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I'm thinking BYB Ragdoll. He has the fine flat fur that other longhairs don't have.
Ragdolls are bred for a lot of coat and a big ruff, the coat is not as long as a Persian (no other breed has a coat like a Persian) but they definitely do not have a flat coat... it tends to look puffy. But BYB Ragdolls often don't have a typical appearance, so I agree this could be one.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, a gorgeous boybee, lucky you😻 maybe a ragdoll mixture, so beautiful💕