Hill's Science Diet Sensitive Stomach & Skin Reformulation

cheeseburger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
On my vet's recommendation, my cats get wet and dry food. The dry food she recommended is Hill's Science Diet Sensitive Stomach & Skin because one of my cats has dandruff and the other vomits frequently. Since we started this food a year ago, my black medium hair's coat has been amazing and nobody has puked.

Then a month ago, I bought a new bag and realized that they completely changed the food. The ingredients are totally different, the pellet size is different, it smells different - everything has changed. I decided to try it anyway and the cats seem to really like the taste, at least.

Buuuttt....it doesn't seem to work any more. We've had four barfs in the last three weeks from both cats, and my black cat has redeveloped dandruff. So much for sensitive stomach and skin.

Can anybody recommend an alternate dry food that helps with these two issues?

For wet food they get the grain-free Wellness brand, which we landed on after experimenting with six different grain-free wet foods.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry your experiencing this trouble. I would recommend calling the vet and explaining the situation. Maybe she can offer some insight into a dry food that would help. Please keep us posted. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that is what I used to feed my barfer cat. The sensitive stomach had larger pieces which required her to actually chew her food instead of gulping it down and then puking it back up. If quick eating is also an issue with yours look for a dry food that has a larger kibble size. I don’t recall the name but I know there is one premium brand that gives you the choice of size.

You could also try a slow bowl that requires the cat to scoop out kibble pieces before they can be eaten.

chassy5409

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
On my vet's recommendation, my cats get wet and dry food. The dry food she recommended is Hill's Science Diet Sensitive Stomach & Skin because one of my cats has dandruff and the other vomits frequently. Since we started this food a year ago, my black medium hair's coat has been amazing and nobody has puked.

Then a month ago, I bought a new bag and realized that they completely changed the food. The ingredients are totally different, the pellet size is different, it smells different - everything has changed. I decided to try it anyway and the cats seem to really like the taste, at least.

Buuuttt....it doesn't seem to work any more. We've had four barfs in the last three weeks from both cats, and my black cat has redeveloped dandruff. So much for sensitive stomach and skin.

Can anybody recommend an alternate dry food that helps with these two issues?

For wet food they get the grain-free Wellness brand, which we landed on after experimenting with six different grain-free wet foods.

Has anyone found any alternatives? My cat is allergic to chicken. I need rice and egg only.

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has anyone found any alternatives? My cat is allergic to chicken. I need rice and egg only.
Cats are obligate carnivore’s whom need meat to live a long full life. Is your cat sensitive to anything else? The original formulation had pork in it so I’m assuming she can have other proteins yes? If not and she’s that severely allergic to all meat protein (which is extremely rare) I would see a vet about a prescription food like purina ha cat food.

There are many chicken free lid cat foods on the market if you’re just trying to avoid chicken.