Hill's I/d alternative?

Cvan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone, my cat is diagnosed with Cholangiohepatitis and later Pancreatitis as well.
She is prescribed with i/d but doesn't like it and not eating as much as before. She is bone skinny now, is there other alternative dry food for her?

ColoradoCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd try looking into Royal Canin to see if they have an alternative. My last cat who had had kidney disease didn't like the Hill's prescription food at all, but he loved the Royal Canin renal support.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
6 Best Cat Foods For Pancreatitis In 2021: Diet & Info
Feeding Cats with Pancreatitis | PetMD
The Best Cat Food for Pancreatitis (Review) in 2021 |

Welcome to The Cat Site! I have never had any luck with any Hill's prescription food. Royal Canin has been more acceptable to my cats, but not overwhelmingly so in some cases. The articles above give other suggestions for food for cats with pancreatitis.

If she is wasting away and refusing all food, you need to call the vet and let him know. There may need to be another intervention like a feeding tube which is not as bad as it sounds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cvan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, the sites are very helpful!

My Vet said she should have low fat cat food. In fact it all started when I gave her Blue Buffalo sensitive stomach and she had diarrhea and started to lose weight...

She just finished antibiotics now, but still not eating much, that's why I am looking for an alternative that she would eat.

Now I have some ideas, I will talk to my Vet and get a prescription for royal canine.

Thanks again!