High Quality Cat Food

Raul-7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rawz, Tiki Cat After Dark, Instinct, Feline Natural. For more budget options you’re looking at Dancy Feast Classic, Tiny Tiger, American Journey.
Add Weruva to the list; I consider them along with Rawz and Tiki Cat to be the Trifecta.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emelyssa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I bought one of everything for the high quality wet foods you recommended. Drexl doesn't like anything!! He is being so spoiled when it comes to wet food and nothing is good enough for him. I am going to start taking kibble away for a couple hours before wet food time and see if that helps.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Did you try a slow transition to the new food, and also maybe a favorite dry treat or piece of kibble crumbled on top?

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Aren’t you afraid the rodent you’re allowing them to eat could have a disease?
Does he always just gobble it up—- no vomit afterwards or furball issues? Not to get too detailed here, but, …do you reheat them first??

emelyssa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does he always just gobble it up—- no vomit afterwards or furball issues? Not to get too detailed here, but, …do you reheat them first??
In the beginning, he was happy to receive any kind of wet food. But, he's just gotten pickier and pickier. If he doesn't love how something smells then he refuses to even try it. The only food he is guaranteed to eat is Blue Wilderness which I am trying to wean him off of because of the carageenan factor, or tuna fish based foods. No tummy issues.

emelyssa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did you try a slow transition to the new food, and also maybe a favorite dry treat or piece of kibble crumbled on top?
It's just the wet food. No prob with kibble. He doesn't like treats. He's an odd duck, but very sweet! He always is very excited for wet food, but when I give it hopes I'll give something better instead. I'm making a list of all the foods he doesn't turn his nose up to, and they all seem to be Ahi Tuna based. He can't eat fish every day!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I meant to take something, either a dry treat or a piece of kibble, crumble it up and add it to the wet food to entice him to eat it :)

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I give my cat raw meat and one dead prey (mouse) a day.
The brand I use is Alaska pet food but I think it is a Dutch brand. I've no idea if other countries have food like Alaska pet food.
Sorry: I guess I asked the wrong person before. Do you —- well do you freeze the mouse and then, um, defrost it? And there are no furballs???

BoaztheAdventureCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been feeding my 5 yr old cats Rachel Ray Nutrish, but the vet said this food is high in carbs and suggested switching to Blue Buffalo. However, I am reading a lot of controversial things and not sure this is the best brand. I am overwhelmed with the choices, though.

I feed my cats mostly wet food and supplement with kibble. What high quality dry food / wet food brand do thecatsite members recommend?
I recommend human-grade canned or raw cat food. Feed-grade food and kibble in general are really bad for a cat's health. I'm still searching for the perfect raw brand, but as for human-grade canned food brands, I recommend Tiki Cat (which has a raw option) and Nature's Logic. Raw Dog Food Co. is one place I know of that has recipes for dogs and cats.

emelyssa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Drexl has been so picky that I bought all varieties of high quality wet foods. He rejected most of them! His favorites are Weruva and Soulistic- he purrs for them and cleans his plate. So, that is what we will buy from now on!!