High Calorie Treats?

Ladyrosee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi! Anyone know of high calorie treats? I have fancy feast duos. 1 small piece is 2 calories but theres so much dye and crap in them just wondering if anyone has any ideas or brands for more calories to add to a diet.

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Purebites are expensive, but they're my go to. Only ingredient is freeze-dried chicken (I think they have turkey and salmon versions too). The dog version is exactly the same as the cat one except the pieces are bigger (but easily broken up) and cheaper! My cats love them, and I don't have to worry about any ingredients that are unhealthy or would upset their stomach. The package says 3 calories per treat, which means absolutely nothing because there's a variety of sizes of pieces, but it's pure chicken, so it must be pretty nutritious.

I did try the Whole Life brand freeze dried treats before, and no one touched them. Not sure why because they should be the same in theory, but brand does make a difference.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ladyrosee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Purebites are expensive, but they're my go to. Only ingredient is freeze-dried chicken (I think they have turkey and salmon versions too). The dog version is exactly the same as the cat one except the pieces are bigger (but easily broken up) and cheaper! My cats love them, and I don't have to worry about any ingredients that are unhealthy or would upset their stomach. The package says 3 calories per treat, which means absolutely nothing because there's a variety of sizes of pieces, but it's pure chicken, so it must be pretty nutritious.

I did try the Whole Life brand freeze dried treats before, and no one touched them. Not sure why because they should be the same in theory, but brand does make a difference.
Thanks for the reply! That's funny..mine loves whole life... I should have mentioned he cannot have raw food... he is very immunosuppressed and can't have raw food. It sucks because he LOVES freeze dried food and treats..

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the reply! That's funny..mine loves whole life... I should have mentioned he cannot have raw food... he is very immunosuppressed and can't have raw food. It sucks because he LOVES freeze dried food and treats..
Aw poor thing! Yeah no go on the freeze dried then, that's too bad. Not a treat, but I use 2nd stage meat (chicken, turkey, or ham) baby food a lot for extra calories when I need to get someone eating.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only brands of freeze dried cooked meat I know of are Whole Life and Cat Man Doo.

Can you add calories by feeding a little higher calorie cat food? Or high calorie supplement?

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly my favorite "treat" is homemade boiled chicken meat. It also comes handy to put on malt paste if Hima refuses to eat them on her own when needed.

If it's available where you live KitCat Purr Puree Plus+ is a good treat too IMO. The first ingredient is deboned chicken and since it's in puree form it gives extra hydration. Hima's favorite is this Kit Cat Purr Puree Plus+ Chicken & Fish Oil (Skin & Coat) – Kitcat