High calorie mix-ins?

dolceshmolce

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 3-month-old Loki is FeLV+. He has already had a handful parasite issues (most likely because of his compromised immune system, poor guy), but has been able to overcome them all so far. But each time this happens his weight drops or stalls, so he’s had a fair share of set backs. So far, the vet does not suspect any FeLV-related issues like anemia.
He’s not super underweight - sitting at around 2.4 lbs - but does anyone have any recommendations for some high calorie mix-ins or even liquid, brothy type products for if/when another parasite hits him so he can maintain his weight at least? I give him a dose of Tomlyn Nutri-Cal gel every day, but I’m wondering if there is anything else? He is not a huge fan of the taste.

His food - Royal Canin Mother & Babycat wet food at regular meal times (will transition him to the regular kitten food at 4 months) & Blue Buffalo Healthy Growth dry food for around-the-clock snacking
Supplements - Tomlyn Nutri-Cal Kitten Gel & Immuno-5 powder (l-lysine & omega complex, from vet)

Thanks in advance ❤

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You could try adding in an egg yolk once in awhile to his diet. At his age, he might not eat an entire yolk, but he might, it's hard to say. They are very nutritious and have about 80 calories per yolk. It can be raw or cooked, but if aw, don't include any of the whites. Hmm. now that I think about it, since he's immuno compromised maybe it should be cooked, at least for now. He might like a scrambled egg, ok to scramble it in a little butter, or boil an egg and give him some yolk. Otherwise, Nutri-cal was my initial though, but you're already doing that.