Hi

CatDaddyMatt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My wife and I are new cat guardians. We welcomed our boy Vinny to our household in September 2017. He's a short-haired, domestic, black cat who's a few days over a year old and has brought joy to our lives since we first met at the shelter. Neither of us ever had a cat member of our families prior, but we knew Vinny was our boy.

This forum has been an indispensable resource and I hope to also contribute in some small way so others can learn from our shared experiences.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3610.GIF
CatDaddyMatt and Vinny, on behalf of the Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3652.GIF
to both of you and your wife.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Happy that you've found joy in Vinny and I'm sure he's happy to be with you both.
Do post photos of him for us to see and we have a special thread here just for him
black-cats-only.268663

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, a warm welcome to you, Vinny and your wife to TCS!! This site is very informative and very fun as well. Enjoy!! And yes, as you can see, Black Cats Rule!!:D

And to TabbyTom, your greetings and artistry for newcomers get more and more fun and creative every time!!;):):biggrin:

CUDOS to you!!:clap:

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Vinny is really cute. We look forward to hearing more about him.

What made you decide to get a cat if neither of you nor your wife had had cats before? (Great decision, by the way.) :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatDaddyMatt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks!

We decided to adopt Vinny after my wife visited a local shelter on an outing at her work. She works with individuals who have disabilities, taking them on outings, teaching life skills, assisting with them volunteering at different places, etc.

On a trip to the local animal shelter she met 3 and a half month old Vinny and it was love at first purr. She asked me if I would be open to adopting a kitten, and though I'd be skeptical about pets in the past due to living in an apartment, something just felt right as she told me about him. I was able to meet Vinny a few days later and knew immediately that he was meant to become a part of our family. It's been a joyful experience.

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aw, what a great story! I'm glad that you and your wife found Vinny and took the chance on becoming cat parents. I'm a firm believer in trusting your gut when picking a pet. So far, so good for me....

CatDaddyMatt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We just adopted 7 month old Riley a few days. He's looking forward to meeting his big brother Vinny (our one year old). Very cute, playful, high energy guy! Doing really good so far.

and one of our sweet boy Vinny!

CatDaddyMatt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We're keeping the boys apart for a few days, at least for a week. It's been said repeatedly that things tend to go smoother with the introductions if that happens. They're already communicating through a 1/2 inch or so opening under the 2nd bedroom door. Paws come through, usually followed by gentle meowing, a fish toy or two back and forth. Very cute. Looks really positive for this stage of the transition.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Congrats on the adoption of Riley. He's adorable. :catrub:

Good luck with the introductions. I hope Riley and his big brother Vinny become best buds. :catlove: