Hi!

banana queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi :)

I am a crazy cat lady from the UK. I have four cats, four kids (4-13 years), two snakes and six tarantulas.

My oldest cat is called Socks (or Socksybaby or Sausage Cat), she is a grey tuxedo cat, a pregnant stray 7 month old kitten that turned up one day and never left. She is now three years old. She is smart and can open doors, but I have never seen her do it because the only reason she opens doors is that she doesn't like being on the opposite side of the door to me. She is the reason I installed locks on the cupboard that I keep the wand toy in (but she was not the one who released the snake yesterday, or the one who stole a bag of flour from the kitchen cupboard, dragged it into the dining room and ripped it open under the table). She was the one who released a box of live crickets in my bedroom though. She sleeps on me every night, and I am the only one who gets to experience the joy of touching the tummy.

Then I have Izzy, Mittens and Amber, who turned one last month. I found them when they were 5 month old kittens. Izzy turned up first, I heard little meows on my doorstep one night, and then she walked right in. The other two joined the family shortly after, my oldest human kitten found them outside our house. Theyre likely from the same litter. They smelled like someone's house, but were not microchipped (then, they are now) and I put up posters and posted on local pet groups, but nobody claimed them so they became ours.

Izzy (Izzers, Izzababes or Izzywizzywoo) is all black with a few white hairs on her chest. She is a cuddler and you don't have to work hard to get her to purr really loudly. She likes pretty much everything that exists-you can pet every part of her body even the tummy and paws, and has been super friendly since the first time she came in. It was like she had been here all her life. She even likes the cat carrier, if you put it in the room and open it, she will run over and jump right in, which gets annoying when you are trying to stuff another more protesting cat inside.

Mittens (Mitties, MittyMitts or MittenyKitten) is a tuxedo cat with a cute pink nose with a black dot on it. She is a lazy thing, pretty much a pillow with legs, but very friendly and sweet, if a little shy. She likes sleeping on sunny patches, more sleeping, cuddling her sisters while sleeping and cat treats. She goes crazy for cat treats, offer one and you will end up with a few less fingers because she gets excited.

Amber (AmberBaby, Ambies or the Forever Kitten) is an all black cat with orange eyes. She has always been a lot smaller than the other cats, and still is, she is perfectly shaped, just small-I thought she was more like 3 months when she came home. She is mischievous, she is the one who destroyed two bags of flour from the kitchen cupboards, and she climbs the curtains and sits on top. She is a feisty little thing, she likes to sit on shoulders, sniff me on the face, and she once stole a mint from my mouth as I was eating it (didn't let her keep it).

The snakes are named Slinky and Noodles, theyre a milk snake and a ball python, and the tarantulas are Scarlett, Scuttles, Itchy, Webster, Wooly and Tiger.

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome.

Sounds like you have your hands full, lol.  This is a great site.  Members are so knowledgeable and kind.  You're going to get a lot of good info.

Warm regards.

Please post pictures.....

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!  
   What a lively household you must have!   Your kitties are really beautiful and I love the stories of how they came to you.  It's interesting how some kittens and cats select their new homes themselves.  Your little Izzy would probably have gone back at some point to report to her siblings that "This is IT!" and two more kittens would have come strolling in, bold as brass - if your oldest hadn't found them first.  There was a thread awhile back by someone who went from no cats to four or five that way - one after another, they just showed up at the door, like there was a sign on it that only cats could read.   And speaking of other threads - be sure to post pictures and stories of your snakes and tarantulas in the Cats and Other Animals forum:  http://www.thecatsite.com/f/41/cats-and-other-animals    Members here have a wide assortment of creatures at home!