Hi what kind of cat am i?

The Goodbye Bird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The kitten is very small yet and could grow up to be a colourpoint Ragdoll or an applehead Balinese (longhaired Siamese). Even without papers it's common to describe the cat as what it most looks like. These are two very different kinds of cat and if the kitten is mixed or random heritage it could grow up to be in-between or something else entirely that's not described by a particular breed as most cats are not. The kitten may not even turn out to be longhaired as some kittens are inexplicably poofy right around this age. For rats and mice this is often known as the puffball (or hopper) stage where they appear puffier than they actually are, which some kittens seem to have and others don't. Total mixed bag.

My personal guess is that you will get something generally like this (the Ragdoll):

ragdoll.jpeg

...Or something more like this (the applehead Balinese):

balinese.png

Both of these cats are longhair, there's just a very wide range to longhair.

Also note that both of these are examples of seal-point, but yours could still be a chocolate. I believe it to be a seal-point, however.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maiku

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh thanks thats adorable hes a ball of energy lol. How old u think he is? I think the lady said hers was a seal point and the male was a snowshoe but ill have to ask her and see.

The Goodbye Bird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How old u think he is?
Guessing isn't always accurate since I can't get my hand in there and see actual size, but the cat looks like a 6-weeker to me. Perhaps 7 or even 8. Note that because the cat is so puffy it could be delfating my estimate. I'd rather just tell you that than try to adjust for it myself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maiku

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes he is quite puffy lol what time do they lose the fluffyness?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think the lady said hers was a seal point and the male was a snowshoe but ill have to ask her and see.
Oh, to describe the kitten on the pic as a seal point is of course entirely correct. Its the actual description. If breed is unknown, we should presume its a domestic. But may be a look alike to some recognized breed.

I presume the "snowshoe" is a seal point and white, ... Possibly also shorthair. True snowshoes are rare.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We would need more pics to see if he's a longhair or not. Two colorpoints will always produce colorpoints even if they are DSH/DLH and have siamese far down the line. Given the lady didnt even tell you the age of the kitten.. it's unlikely the kitten is purebred of any type. A good breeder would not only tell you that, but have the kitten fixed and not able to leave until 12 -14 weeks old.