Hi! This Is My Cat, Katy!

jporter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As the title says, I'm new here, I joined because I'm planning to get a second cat (either a Sphynx or Persian) in 6 months and by lurking a lot of threads here I have resolved most of the doubts I had.
So anyways, this is my cat Katy, my dad found her 8 years ago outside of his office inside a box and covered with insects, and since then she is my best friend. Before her I didn't liked cats and now I love them. She hates everyone but my dad and me (only allows to be touched by the two of us and scratches anyone else who tries) but she is crazy affectionate towards me, which makes me love her even more.

IMG_2768.jpeg IMG_3575(1).jpeg IMG_3678.jpeg IMG_3416.jpeg IMG_3681.jpeg IMG_3704.jpeg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hello again! It’s nice to officially meet you! I hope to continue seeing you around TCS!

Here are some articles about both breeds you mentioned. They are very different to each other, but by visiting a cat show and reading articles like these, you can get a sense of which one would be a better fit for your lifestyle:

Persian Cats

The Sphynx Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jporter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello again! It’s nice to officially meet you! I hope to continue seeing you around TCS!

Here are some articles about both breeds you mentioned. They are very different to each other, but by visiting a cat show and reading articles like these, you can get a sense of which one would be a better fit for your lifestyle:

Persian Cats

The Sphynx Cat
Thanks! I've already read a lot of both breeds and I think I'm ready for either of those, I'll make a post when the new member of the family joins us.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
4B20A95B-B896-42C9-9141-81FB16D07CFC.gif
jporter and Katy, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
788C3A24-2831-4002-9E4C-A4D864C05C3C.gif
to both of you.

Glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat where you’ll find many friendly and helpful cats many of them are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Katy is lovely! :lovecat4::lovecat: Do post more photos of her please and there are many fun threads here in Fur Pictures and Videos Only! to showcase what your kitty is up to.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Another warm welcome to TCS! :hellosmiley: I'm glad you joined the forum and hope we can be helpful if you have any other questions or concerns about the two breeds you're considering for a sister/brother for Katy. In the meantime, please feel free to post pics, read Articles and check out many of the other resources on the forum.:kitty:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Katy is paws-itively beautiful. :catlove:

Will your new cat be living with Katy? If so, due to the fact Katy "only allows to be touched by the two of us and scratches anyone else who tries" please ensure you are prepared to do a complete and proper introduction with the new cat.

You may have already read them, but here's the TCS articles on multi-cat households.
Your Second Cat: How To Choose The Best Friend For Kitty
Introducing Cats To Cats
How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide
The Multi-cat Household

Good luck. :heartshape:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jporter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Katy is paws-itively beautiful. :catlove:

Will your new cat be living with Katy? If so, due to the fact Katy "only allows to be touched by the two of us and scratches anyone else who tries" please ensure you are prepared to do a complete and proper introduction with the new cat.

You may have already read them, but here's the TCS articles on multi-cat households.
Your Second Cat: How To Choose The Best Friend For Kitty
Introducing Cats To Cats
How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide
The Multi-cat Household

Good luck. :heartshape:
Yes, we will live together. And because of Katy's attitude I've been reading and watching a lot of videos about cat introduction, also my dream cat is a Bengal but I think that a high-energy cat would be to much for Katy lol, that's why I'm considering only low energy-friendly breeds.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
WELCOME! And excellent thinking on your part! It's a pleasure to welcome someone so willing to do the research and work to find the right breed for their cat's new companion. Of course, as with Katy, for my money, "Rescue" is the best breed of all!