Hi! This Is Meeko!

MeekosMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
883970F2-2392-42B7-9BEA-D373169138AA.jpeg
Hi everyone! I’m new to the site and I have a new kitty named Meeko. I have been a cat owner for a long time, though. My beloved Smoochie, who I had for 14 years was taken from me suddenly when she was afflicted with a saddle thrombus. I was heart broken! :( I had such a hole in my heart because she had been my fur friend through thick and thin and I started to search for a cat to mend my broken heart. I wanted to find a cat that would be sweet and friendly and along came Meeko. Although he will never replace the fond memories I have of Smoochie, he has brought me such joy and I look forward to spending the rest of his life being an awesome mom to this adorable cat. We are already very bonded and he follows me around like a puppy dog.

I look forward to meeting many of you and your furry friends! :wave3:

cj

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Look at the personality in that little face! Who could resist?!

It’s so hard to lose a beloved friend, but I feel like we honor them by bringing new friends into our lives. I’m so sorry for your loss...and excited that you have such a cutie to keep you company!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
0E711FB3-21FE-4FE1-901D-13297AA8AF02.gif
MeekosMom and Meeko, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
58F4B606-D903-41D6-A235-E777B3C347E3.gif
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

We are so sorry to hear about Smoochie but are glad that you found Meeko. He’s such a cute guy.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MeekosMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kieka Kieka
Oh my gosh! Rocket and Meeko could be siblings! Is Rocket a Snowshoe? Meeko has the coloring but not the papers. He seems to have the personality of one, too. He’s very playful and friendly - he loves everyone he meets! Rocket is such a great name! If he’s anything like Meeko, the name probably fits. I look forward to seeing more pics.
. :runningcat:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Kieka Kieka
Oh my gosh! Rocket and Meeko could be siblings! Is Rocket a Snowshoe? Meeko has the coloring but not the papers. He seems to have the personality of one, too. He’s very playful and friendly - he loves everyone he meets! Rocket is such a great name! If he’s anything like Meeko, the name probably fits. I look forward to seeing more pics.
. :runningcat:
Rocket is a former feral lookalike to Snowshoe. Her Mom was a little tabby in the hoarders yard near us. I saw many generations of cats from that yard all being tabby with a few Bicolor. Somehow Rockets litter turned out half pointed. The hoarder thought Rocket was my boys kitten so she grabbed her and tossed her in a box that was left on my front step.

The name surely fits which is why we kept it when we found out Rocket was a girl. :spew:Shes a very demanding little princess but her feral beginnings makes her a little cautious of strangers. She's now 3.5 years old and a 7 pound prima Donna.

IMG_20181027_153036.jpg

MeekosMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kieka Kieka
Rocket is a beautiful girl! So it seems her markings definitely got darker as she got older so I expect the same will happen with Meeko.

How I found Meeko: I had been searching shelters in the area and every time I found a cat I wanted to adopt, they were already adopted. I was sitting at the shelter director’s desk feeling a little discouraged. She said she had received a phone call from a woman who wanted to surrender a litter to the shelter but that had been several days prior. After digging through the stacks of papers on her desk, she finally found the message and called her. She set it up for me to go see the litter and as soon as I saw Meeko, it was love at first site! I brought him home and he couldn’t stop head butting me he was so happy.

It didn’t take him long to make friends with my mom’s dog, Maggie (a miniature Australian Shepherd), and they are great playmates. He wants so badly to play with mom’s cat, Kitty LuLu, but LuLu thinks he’s too much of a kid for her. She’s not agressive with him, but she keeps him backed off with a hiss if he gets too close. He’s just a clown and keeps trying. Who knows, he may eventually win her over. He has everyone else!

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That is amazing! Good thing the director remembered the phone call so you could get him.

He wants so badly to play with mom’s cat, Kitty LuLu, but LuLu thinks he’s too much of a kid for her. She’s not agressive with him, but she keeps him backed off with a hiss if he gets too close. He’s just a clown and keeps trying. Who knows, he may eventually win her over. He has everyone else!
That was Rocket with my Mom's cat, Nightfury. He hissed at her for a good four months until her persistence won him over,

And yes, pointed cats will keep getting darker with age. Its becaude their coloring is heat sensitive. Technically, it is exposure to cold and their own bodies loosing the ability to regulate heat as well that makes them get darker. Some darken more then others, the white is the only thing that won't change.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MeekosMom MeekosMom - That's just Moo Shu, the evil Snowshoe. You do know how Snowshoes came to be, and why they look the way they do, don't you? I don't mean Ms. Hinds-Dougherty's breeding program, but the true story - according to the "lost" verses of Genesis found in the Dead Sea Scrolls describing how Snowshoes came about - and especially how they got their blue eyes - and it puts to rest the tale told in Revelation 12:7.

Near the end of the Sixth Day, God had nearly finished creating the animals, and was preparing to create Man. He left the cats for last, since they were to be closest to Mankind's Heart, and suddenly He felt tired. He called His eight Archangels together - Michael, Raphael, Gabriel, Uriel, Saraqael, Raguel, Remiel and Lucifer - and said, "Boys, I'm just bushed from makin' all these freakin' cats. I need one more, but I have to save my strength for creating Humans. Who's game?"

When the first seven declined, Lucifer spoke up and said, "I'll make the last cat." He rummaged around in a box of odd parts that God had left over and came up with a body intended for the first Siamese. It was too chubby for a Siamese, really, but it was the only body left. Lucifer sewed four white feet on which had been left over from the creation of the Arctic Hare, and patched the face and chest with little bits of white fur from the scrap bin, in a sort of crazy quilt pattern. He found teeth and claws which God had discarded when He made the Leopard, and a voice which God had intended when he created the Dæmons of Hell, but which He'd deemed too scary, and all he needed were the eyes to complete his cat.

When he opened the eye drawer, there was just a single pair remaining - eyes which God had originally made for the Siberian Husky, but which were so blue that they seemed artificial, and hence, had been discarded. Though they were a little too large, Lucifer shrugged and fitted them under the eyelids of the cat's particoloured face. The cat then opened its new eyes and came to Life, and Lucifer rushed off to show God The Last Cat.

"What in the Sam Hill is that thing?" God asked, from His place on the golden throne where He had just sat down to begin a nice chicken dinner. "It looks like it just escaped from a clown convention!" Lucifer set the cat down at God's feet and said, "It's the Snowshoe Cat. To make up for its appearance, I've given it the intelligence of Man, the cunning of the fox, and the reflexes of the cobra."

God patted his lap and said, "here kitty." The Snowshoe leapt into His lap, let loose a blood-curdling sound, reached up, scratched God across the nose, grasped a piece of chicken in its mouth, and leapt down, tearing God's robe in the process as it bounded off with His dinner. And that... that is why Lucifer was cast down into Hell - and how the Snowshoe got its blue eyes.

Edited to add The Snowshoe Song (to the tune of Beautiful Dreamer, of course):

Beautiful Snowshoe, you are so sweet,
You're Siamese but you have four white feet;
You've got the Nose Dots, Skunky Stripe too,
Beautiful Snowshoe, I'll always Love you.

Snowshoes are lovely, Snowshoes are smart,
Snowshoes make rainbows when they poop and fart,
Little black ears and fuzzy black tail,
I'd never shove you in the garbage pail.

Snowshoes are just like other Siamese,
That means their owners can't do as they please,
At night when I want to lay down my head,
One rotten Snowshoe takes up the whole bed.

If you Love Snowshoes, listen to me,
You'd benefit from some psychiatry;
When they commit you, I will assume,
There'll be no Snowshoes in your rubber room.

MeekosMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Meeko is super gorgeous. :catlove:

Condolences on the loss of Smoochie. :alright: He was a beautiful boy. If you feel up to it, TCS has a Crossing the Bridge forum where you can post a tribute to him. RIP sweet boy. :angel3:
Thank you so much. Smoochie was a girl cat. In fact, her full name was Bon Chat de la Smoochie — (good cat of the kisses) :hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob: I will post for her on Crossing the Rainbow Bridge. Meeko has been a blessing and has mostly filled the hole in my heart. There will always be a part that is reserved for Smoochie.