Hi there!

berylm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a quick note to say hi, and I've just discovered this site - which is great!

I am a computer programmer/techie who would much prefer to be a fiction writer (and will be one of these days, just you wait ...); I live alone apart from the cats; and I have to say, as a divorcee, that in my experience cats are much better live-ins than men. :tounge2: By the way, have you ever tried to do any serious work on a computer with one cat sitting on the tail of the mouse and the other between you and the keyboard? I have (most days!), and whilst very cute, it really doesn't make it easy!

My two rescue cats and I live South West of London, UK (about 200 yards from the boundary, in fact!); Jessie is an adorable little black girl with plush velvet fur who's now about 5½, and Jaffa is a 7½-year-old streetwise ginger tom who was barely tame when I got him 2 years ago but is now turning into a big softie.

You can see photos of them both at my cat site, www.berylm.com/cats, if you'd like to (but nothing recent of me - trust me, you don't want to
).

Hope to get to know you all better soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

berylm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Quick note - I just noticed the comma on the end of the website address got caught up in the url - just delete it to get the address to work!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beautiful kitties! I have a black kitty, too, and find that taking pictures that actually show his cute little face can be difficult. Your pictures of Jessie really show her off nicely!

berylm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, valanhb (and alicat!) - and yes, those pictures do show Jessie off nicely ... what you don't see are the hundreds I had to take to get those few!

Good thing I used a digital camera or it would have been awfully expensive ...

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of your babies are gorgeous! Jessie looks so soft - how can you stop yourself from touching her all the time? Hope to see you posting often!

berylm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't - when I say 'plush velvet fur' I mean that - her coat is soft and very thick and so-o-o-o-o cuddly, and she sleeps at night on the bed between the two pillows - that is, right next to my head, usually with my arm around her!

Jaffa often sleeps on the bed too, but he's still a little nervy and is usually out of my reach ... but not always ... he's developed a habit of treadling the quilt next to me and gradually moving up the quilt until he (quite deliberately) moves over the edge and treadles me ...!