Hi there

Lolliecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, figured I would pop on here and introduce the cats and myself.

Happy to be here. I've been a browser for a while but hadn't signed up.

We have Karma an almost 7 year old female. She's the mostly white one and a total love bug.
Kooper is my 6 year old desert lynx boy. More dog than cat and prefers to spend his time with our dogs and avoiding the other cats.
Kole is our 1 year old black boy that never stops moving and turns on all the lights that have switches.
And then there is Lollie, a feral who made our yard her home in the early part of November. She's the black and white spotted girl. Right now she's living in the basement in her own room. We're hoping to make her an indoor cat but so far 25 days or so in she's still stressed inside. I was able to build a great bond with her through food and she went from feral to mostly friendly with feral moments. But, I've only known her since November so it's not been that long! She's a fiery little doll baby, for sure.

Here they are in photos and then that's me as well, the first time Lollie allowed snuggles.

Attachments

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome.

Thank you so much for saving so many lives!! They are ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!

Please let us know if you need any help getting Lollie intro'd to the other cats. Following a process is really important in order to reduce the time to success. We can help you through that.

Thanks again for all you are doing for the cats!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lolliecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome.

Thank you so much for saving so many lives!! They are ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!

Please let us know if you need any help getting Lollie intro'd to the other cats. Following a process is really important in order to reduce the time to success. We can help you through that.

Thanks again for all you are doing for the cats!!
Thanks! I'm sure I will in the future. She needs a clean bill of health and to adjust to the indoor thing first though so we will have a ways to go before we get to that point :) Right now we are waiting to see if she is pregnant or just a round cat. (Vet suggested to wait to have her examined with all the other stress). As far as meeting the other cats I only worry about Kooper. He can be a bear with other cats. But, first things first clean bill of health for Lollie :)

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are very welcome.

Yes, great that you are keeping her isolated for now given the potential for any health risks transmitted, etc. I always try to keep everything clean, wash my hands, and make sure that any risk of transmission is keep at a minimum.

Yes, I saw your other post but just did not have much to offer. Let's hope she is not pregnant. It is difficult for a vet visit now as we don't want to increase the stress. Typically I trap and take them in the next day (since the stress of being trapped is already there) but your situation is a bit different.

When we get to the intro place we will treat all cats the same and see how they respond and work on intro'ing them. I have found that sometimes cats surprise us (both in good an bad ways) in the intro process so I tend to try to assume nothing and go through the process and adjust as necessary. When you are ready we will help you through it.

You are correct, first thing is to make she has a clean bill of health.

In the meantime step up play with the resident cats and feed after play. Give the cats a lot of place to go high (cat trees, cat shelving), scratching posts, warm and comfy bedding. Things they can :eek:wn". And give them a lot of love (if safely) and good food. And try to keep a buffer zone between the resident cats and the new feral. Make sure they don't see each other or get into any contact. If you sense the resident cats are uneasy near the entry to the feral cat then play with them there, feed there, etc. Anything to make them feel more comfortable and confident. Finally, stay as calm and confident around them and act like everything is normal and fine as cats take on our emotions. Just work to build their confidence during this time as a confident cat is more likely to accept and be accepted.

We are here for you anytime. Thanks gain for all you are doing!!!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-122810.jpg
Lolliecat, Karma, Kooper Kole and Lollie, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
graphics-welcome-378144.gif

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Nice bunch of cats you have here! :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Glad you've decided to "de-browse" and join us. Your cats are all beautiful.:catlove:

Good luck with Lollie. Hopefully in time, she'll settle in with your other feline fur babies. :hearthrob: Do check out, and maybe start your own thread, in the Caring for Strays and Ferals forum.

You'll find several success stories there. Here's one of my favorites: meet Buggy | TheCatSite

There's also My Feral And Rescued Cats which is so long now, you'll need a lot of time to read it, but is very interesting. Here's a link to a specific post in that thread where one particular feral cat is brought inside: BJ came inside He's now a true snugglebug.

Lolliecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks all!!
So, a little update.... since Lollie moved to the basement there had been no cat tracks in the yard. About 5 days ago new tracks showed up. I figured it was just passing through but more and more tracks showed up over the last few days. So I followed them around the yard. They all lead back to under our front deck. Never leaving the yard. Then two days ago I walked out my back door to go feed my ducks and a little tabby came around the other side of the house. She/he took off when they saw me.
I put food and water out for her yesterday and she came around 6 pm and ate everything I put out.
Nice clean eyes. Beautiful cat.
I’d like to see if I can make it friendly but I feel like taming 2 in a row is asking a lot haha! Here’s the best pics I could get with my phone through the window.

Attachments

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks all!!
So, a little update.... since Lollie moved to the basement there had been no cat tracks in the yard. About 5 days ago new tracks showed up. I figured it was just passing through but more and more tracks showed up over the last few days. So I followed them around the yard. They all lead back to under our front deck. Never leaving the yard. Then two days ago I walked out my back door to go feed my ducks and a little tabby came around the other side of the house. She/he took off when they saw me.
I put food and water out for her yesterday and she came around 6 pm and ate everything I put out.
Nice clean eyes. Beautiful cat.
I’d like to see if I can make it friendly but I feel like taming 2 in a row is asking a lot haha! Here’s the best pics I could get with my phone through the window.
Gorgeous cat.

I think posting in the ferals section is a great idea.

I think getting the cat spayed or neutered would be a high priority. Then work on taming. If you don't know how to trap then a group in your area may help. You will want to release the cat in the same spot they were trapped.

But the feral section will help with all your needs. I'll keep an eye out for your post as well.

Hope all is going well. If you need help and need me please message me as I don't always get alerts for updated posts.

Thanks for caring for another feral!!!

Lolliecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! I’ll make a post when I get a chance. It’s been busy around here haha.

The new visitor hasn’t come today at all. Crossing my fingers she has a home that she found her way back too. I left food and water for overnight Incase they come late.

If they keep coming they will be getting fixed. There’s a good feral program near me. Thankfully!

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would probably advise not to keep food and water out overnight as it can attract predators and other pests (raccoons, ground animals, etc). And given you are doing intros you may not want to attract ferals which might cause insecurities in the cats in the house.

But if you see the kitty trying to feed is good so the kitty can be trapped at some point.

GREAT that there is a good feral program near you. Who knows, maybe the kitty is already TNR'd. Look for an ear tip or an ear notch to know.

Great job, let us know if you need anything. Good luck

Lolliecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would probably advise not to keep food and water out overnight as it can attract predators and other pests (raccoons, ground animals, etc). And given you are doing intros you may not want to attract ferals which might cause insecurities in the cats in the house.

But if you see the kitty trying to feed is good so the kitty can be trapped at some point.

GREAT that there is a good feral program near you. Who knows, maybe the kitty is already TNR'd. Look for an ear tip or an ear notch to know.

Great job, let us know if you need anything. Good luck
I usually don't. We have pet ducks and keeping predators at bay is priority. But the new visitor cat only comes after dark and we had a big snow storm so I didn't want it to go hungry if it came. Also just because I am encouraging it to return if it is feral so it will be easier to trap. I already have the trap on the deck just so it gets used to seeing it. But it never did come yesterday. My sister's dad is friends with some people down the road and she said she thinks it might be the one that showed up at their house right around the time Lollie showed up at mine. If so, they allow her to come inside if she wants but she usually stays a day or 2 and leaves for a while. Comes and goes through their dog door. Anyway, good news if it is the same one. They are good people. She at least will have food options in multiple places if it is in fact the same cat. If we figure out that it is for sure I'll walk down and talk to them about if they care if I fix her.

My house cats don't care about the other cats as long as they are outside haha. Karma enjoys watching them from the window with me.