Hi newbie here

MysticPisces

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi I’m adopting a kitten from the shelter tomorrow. I’m not new to cats at all I had a cat whole lived until he was 17yrs old and died from kidney failure. I then later rescued 2 semi feral cats and my mom basically ended up falling in love and keeping them when I moved out. Now I’m in a new state and city and decided to rescue a kitten. I went to the shelter tonight 10 minutes before they closed to get a feel of the kittens and I found 2 that I really liked thankfully my plan worked the shelter closed while I was there so I couldn’t take the 2 kittens home I plan to go back in the morning and pick up the kitten I liked the most.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: Thank you for adopting. We will be anxious to hear about the kitten you choose. Please keep us updated and post a pic if you can.:camera: Best of luck at the shelter tomorrow, fingers crossed you have a new kitten soon.:crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MysticPisces

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: Thank you for adopting. We will be anxious to hear about the kitten you choose. Please keep us updated and post a pic if you can.:camera: Best of luck at the shelter tomorrow, fingers crossed you have a new kitten soon.:crossfingers:
Thank you I’m definitely taking pictures and videos of the kitten I choose. I can’t wait to go back in the morning and pick him up at least I didn’t have to worry about someone else adopting him while I came home to weigh the pros and cons :D

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3290.GIF
MysticPisces, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3369.GIF
to you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

MysticPisces

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well this morning was a little bit of a disappointment the original kitten that I had liked and fell in love with somehow there was a mix up with the paperwork in front of the cage not only was the age in correct the sex was wrong and to top it off she was already adopted. So after almost an hr of walking around and debating I found my kitten a playful lively 14wk old kitten I named Orion. He was an owner surrender apparently he’s an escape artist and from the first 30 mins of being home I can see how his previous owners would label him that but he’s not really escaping he just likes to go through doors he’s extremely curious if you open anything in front of him he wants to check it out. But he’s amazing nonetheless he already knows his name and comes when I call him even if we’re in different rooms he’ll come find me :D

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and the adorable Orion! I know you were disappointed that "your" kitten was gone, but...now TWO kittens have loving forever homes! That's a win-win, any way you look at it!

1572122938695.png

MysticPisces

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and the adorable Orion! I know you were disappointed that "your" kitten was gone, but...now TWO kittens have loving forever homes! That's a win-win, any way you look at it!

View attachment 305240
Very true but I did leave my number in case the other kitten’s adopters don’t come pick her up sounds like she’s been at the shelter for awhile.

Jen7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have fun with your new kitten!! I have one of my own right now and one that I'm trying out but am really already in love with. Also have grown cats, but kittens are a blast to have around again!