Hi New Member here

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took him to the doctor today. He didn't have to go and there wasn't any stool to pass. They changed the formula to Breeder's Choice. Wormed him and encouraged me to try weaning. He still has fleas and I'm to bath him in Dawn dish soap. Spotted my other cats and washed everything!

Sella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's been lapping some from a dish. Not taking as much by bottle. Eating a little moistened kitten chow. Not eating as often. I'm concerned he's not eating enough. Is this normal while weaning.?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is he getting a soft kitten pate? That would help. Try a chicken pate.

Is he still gaining weight?

Sella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's getting chicken pate in his bottle with goat milk. He will lap up milk from the dish He starts on the bottle then starts chewing and clawing at it. He's active and finally had a large normal stool today after a lot of food yesterday. It's strange though when he sees his food dishes and I put him down to it he gets scared and climbs and wants me to hold him. He was taking about 20 ml at each feeding not as much now, and he's up to a pound. He's 4 weeks now.

Sella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He didn't want to eat this morning but I did finally get him to drink almost the usual amount of milk from the bottle and he ate small amount of kitten chow dry on his own but I have to feed him when I'm holding him and he doesn't want me to let him down and he just wants to sleep