Hi! New Here!

reversepolarity

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! *waves* I'm new around here, but had a cat for 16 years. He passed away in 2004, and even though I did some fostering for a local rescue a few years later, I literally have not been ready for another cat ever since. I grew up with him, and even his memory still feels like salt in a wound that never heals, but I've recently decided I'm ready to get another cat in the near future. So I'm very excited to be here and to (re)learn everything. And I definitely have lots of questions ;)

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! Wow, sixteen years is such a long time. I can't even imagine the level of grief you felt when he died. I'm truly sorry for your loss. Even though my cats are only seven years old, I think about their deaths every single day, and how incredibly difficult it will be when the times comes.

Please know that the CatSite is a wonderful place to meet other feline obsessed folks who can absolutely answer just about any question you happen to have. And I'm so happy to hear that you're going to welcome another cat into your life! That cat doesn't know it yet, but he or she has just hit the veritable kitty jackpot having you as it's custodian.

:D

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-179632.jpg.gif
reversepolarity, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3647.GIF
to you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hithere:hope you find your purrfect match. And we get to see lot's of pictures.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Glad you've found us, now that you're ready to have a cat in your life again. :petcat:

Hopefully having a new cat to care for will help ease the pain of losing your first cat, and that you'll be able to remember him with fond memories instead of heartbreak. :catrub:

I know it's been many years since you lost him, but if it's something you might want to do, we have a Crossing the Bridge forum where you could post a tribute to him.

About adopting your new kitty, feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Meanwhile, here's some TCS articles to get you started.

A Kitten Or An Older Cat – Which Should You Adopt? – TheCatSite Articles

15 Things You Should Know Before Adopting A Cat – TheCatSite Articles
First-time Cat Owner’s Guide – TheCatSite Articles
New Cat Checklist: What You Need To Get Before Bringing Kitty Home – TheCatSite Articles
Bringing Home A New Cat – The Complete Guide – TheCatSite Articles