Hi I’m new.

Otis21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I’m Jen and from the UK and this our first cat. His name is Otis and he’s 10 weeks old. So far he has settled in great and seems to be very happy.
on the other had our two dogs are not entirely happy. One of them is ok and the other seems to be a little scared. He is very much a mummies boy and unfortunately the Kitten has been very connected to me. I’m feeling really guilty about the dog. We have been debating for years either to get a cat. And our son begged us every Christmas and birthday for a kitten. So it’s not something we rushed into.
Im hoping that through time the dog will settle again, he’s a gentle soul so I know he would never hurt the kitten. Anyways, Otis is doing well with everything although I feel he’s a little bit thinner than he should be. The vet agrees. I’m planning on changing his food Very slowly once I have done some food research. He’s on felix kitten and Burgess chicken kitten. If anyone has suggestions for food that would be great.

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi welcome to the site, hope you enjoy looking around and joining in. Otis is a handsome little boy. If you have a Pets at Home near you, they sell some good quality food but also Zooplus have a wide variety. Keep posting photos of Otis, enjoy him and I'm sure he and the dog will soon be best of friends.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Otis21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! I love that gorgeous little gray face and those eyes.

How To Safely Introduce A Cat And A Dog – TheCatSite Articles

I have had dogs with cats for the entire time that I have owned animals in my adult life and they will all adjust in time.
I’m sure Dylan will come around, he has a very caring and sweet nature. He’s very intune with my health issues. And he was my first pet. I know he will definitely come around and he checks on Otis every morning. But once Otis gets the zoomies Dylan goes up to his bed. He’s normally laying on my legs. It’s just going to take a little time. But it’s early days.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
0d13c8ea31366e2c229115fd4127191a.jpg
to you Jen and Otis, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
478e64634e35767ee46b208b8a7ca6cd.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

What a cute handsome boy Otis is :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: And congrats on being a new Cat Mom. :bouquet: Otis is pawsitively precious. :catlove:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the site. Your kitty is gorgeous. Don't worry the dog will come around in the end they will be sleeping with each other.
yes, I believe so too. Give them time to adjust.

Welcome to TCS!!