Hi, Im Laura

Laura327

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, around 2011 or so this cat began to "show up" around our complex which is very well kept! She would only show on trash day. She rummages around munching here and there and THEN she'd walk over and lie there under a cherry tree on the front lawn. When first I noticed her, she was so clean and relaxed for a free reamer, I thought. She would show up like this for like3 to four weeks rhat I noticed. On evening as I pulled in , there she was just soaking up the sun all squinty eyed and nonchalant! I went upstairs and maybe 2 -3 hours later my then 12 yr old and a friend came busting in the front door hiding her under his jacket. "auntie please dont be mad...!" You know the reaction when some one says this to you...! "Depends..." Hes such a cutie, "well, close your eyes first!" Eyes closed but hearing faint "meows," remained cool! "Ok,look now!" It's cool breeze cat! "Hey, that's the little cool cat from the front lawn trash days only!" He then named her "Serenity!" It fit so well as she is to this day the most relaxed human friendly cat and her beauty attracts even those who dont "like" cats but always they make an exception with Serenity! It's so awesome! Most people I have found are afraid of cats, dont really even have a legit reason for it. When they meet Serenity and I offer them to just hold their hand out first and the on to the petting! She's so relaxed and the nicest cat I know of. Of course I have to challenge that thought process. But, needless to say, she's awesome! Most people I have found are afraid of cats, dont really even have a legit reason for it. When they meet Serenity and I offer them to just hold their hand out first and the on to the petting! She's so relaxed and the nicest cat I know of. Of course I have to challenge that thought process. But, needless to say, she's awesome! Though it's not always this easy, I walk her these days on leash and every chance I get I squash negative ideas about cats to maybe increase knowledge and willingness to push past their own dumb ideas and give a cat a chance! Again, it's not gonna be "everytime" successful but I feel I have to try!

"Its a hard knock life for a feral or free roaming cat!"

Last edited by a moderator:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-790604.jpg
Laura and Serenity, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
Welcome-Cats-Animated-welcome-comment-001.gif
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for taking in Serenity and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary to live out her life :clapcat: Yes,Serenity is lovely kitty, I saw your other post of her :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Thanks for introducing us to Serenity, (love her name).:hearthrob: Glad she found her forever home with you. It sounds like she was ready to move in.;)