Hi I have a sick cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff_F

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten Violet is very lethargic and not eating.. she was in the vet for about 2 days with an infection related to her liver. Also she seems very wobbly and unable to stand that much...
I'll take her to the vet Mon but what do I do for now?
TIA
Jeff

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did the vet give you any home care instructions after your cat was treated for 2 days? Is your cat currently taking any medication for the liver issue? Can you call the vet now? Even if you just get the after hours voicemail message, the message will have instructions on who to call for help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jeff_F

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They put her on meds and she's taken all of them. The vet really didn't give me any instructions on further care other than giving her the meds. I called an emergency vet but I can't afford their fees,.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. A lot depends on the meds she is receiving and how long some (or all) of those might take to reap results. You might at least look up the meds (should be listed on your invoice) and see what is said about what they do and how long it might take for them to 'kick in'.

In the meantime, try seeing if she will eat baby food meat (Gerber Stage 2 or Beechnut) to help tide her through. Many cats that are not feeling well will eat them. Set all of her necessities nearby her (food/water/litter box) so that she doesn't have to go far to access them.

Was she wobbly and unable to stand much when you first took her to the vets?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jeff_F

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the replies.. I took her to the emergency vet and when I got her there she had passed. Whatever she had got the best of her and she's gone.. I'm crushed.

Thanks again for the input
Jeff

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, no. I am so sorry. So, so sweet. :hearthrob::redheartpump: When you are ready, there is a Crossing the Bridge forum on this web site that you can share Violet's life and any other pics you want, to give her a proper, lasting tribute/memorial in her honor. She deserves no less.:angel::hearthrob::redheartpump::hugs:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
The Cat Site team would like to you know that we are very sorry for your loss. When a cat passes, we lock the thread out of respect. We invite you to place a tribute in the Crossing the Bridge forum as an enduring testimony to your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.