Hi Guys

ineedhelp57

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat been acting weird for the past few days... She does not eat and thisd morning she started to not drink .... 5 days without eating and days one for water.... i seriouly need advice..... she is not old only 4 years old....

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
She does not eat and thisd morning she started to not drink .... 5 days without eating and days one for water.... i seriouly need advice..... she is not old only 4 years old....
:hellosmiley: and welcome to TCS!

It is no good for a cat not to eat for so many days. Please bring her to the vet ASAP and do not wait for an answer here.

why-has-my-cat-stopped-eating-and-is-it-dangerous

And do keep us updated after the visit to the vet. We hope that your cat will be fine and will eat soon after the vet's visit as they can diagnose the reason why your cat is not eating.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You need to have her checked by a Vet to try to figure out what is wrong. Not eating for 5 days can be very serious. she could have a blockage somewhere down the line. It could be anything, really. Bit it's serious because cat's who stop eating can develop Fatty Liver, which can be deadly. Is she urinating and having bowel movements? If so, that is a good sign. Does she appear to be hungry at all? Does she go to her food dish and then walk away? Lick her lips when she sees food? I hate to recommend trying to force feed her just in case there IS a blockage, not having any more information than you have provided so far, but if she is eliminating both #1 and #2, then I think it's ok to force feed if you cannot get her in to be seen immediately, but if you need to, take her to an emergency Vet. IMHO, this is now urgent.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is grounds for an emergency vet visit, I would not wait one more minute.