Hi from GA. I have an unusual cat.

wingnutz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im a guy that lives alone and have two cats. One ferral and one stray. The stray is a small black cat. When i took.her in i had found her living in the neighbor's crawl space and she was starving amd looked like someone had tried to cut her tail off.
I trapped her and brought her to the vet and got her fixed up and then tried to find a rescue group to help and take her. Not one would help me. And i contacted several. In fact I have lived al9ne for over 25 years and over all those years have never found a rescue group that would lift a finger to help me out of all the times i have needed help. I have zero faith in rescue groups. But thats besides the point.
This small female cat i took in I have had ever since.
The reason i say she is unusual is because in the two years or so i have had her she has never once scratched or bite. Never. Not once. And I even try to get her to do it for fun. I dont understand this. I also have never known a cat like this or heard of a cat like this. Its like she is to sweet to be real. She is very vocal amd if i pick her up a harass her she will whine and growl if i mess with her ti much but never even opens her claws or bites.
Has anyone come across this in a cat?
Thanx

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site! Feel free to post photos of this sweet cat! What is her name?

I have a darling little sweet tortie girl with a similar disposition. She’s never bit me, or even tried, even during our “go into the carrier” struggles. She’s occasionally scratched me by accident if I pick up her empty food bowl to refill it and she’s like “wait! I’m hungry! Bring that back!”. Sounds like you just got lucky with such a delightful kitty! We’d love to hear more about her, and about your feral! Welcome again!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3601.GIF
, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3650.JPG
and your kitties.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

We would like to see photos of your kitties :camera: for your question on 'Has anyone come across this in a cat', you may want to ask that here in :- cat-behavior.5 where more members frequent and those that have experience in that area may be able to help you answer your questions.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

nycats

Mother of 3 cats & fosters
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she's definitely a keeper! Some cats do have very mild temperament. My girl cat is never aggressive, but she bites my face when hungry lol.

Sorry you had bad experience with rescue groups. From what I can tell from working with a few of them is that they are simply overwhelmed by tons of requests for help, daily. I am glad you took matters into your own hands and rescued her yourself! Wish more people were like you! Please do share a photo of the sweet girl!

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome, fellow Georgian! Bless you for taking in the cats. I have a cat that I found as a stray that is just not very cuddly. He can be, and very much on his own terms, but he will get mad if you scoop him up when he doesn't want to be bothered.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Im a guy that lives alone and have two cats. One ferral and one stray. The stray is a small black cat. When i took.her in i had found her living in the neighbor's crawl space and she was starving amd looked like someone had tried to cut her tail off.
I trapped her and brought her to the vet and got her fixed up and then tried to find a rescue group to help and take her. Not one would help me. And i contacted several. In fact I have lived al9ne for over 25 years and over all those years have never found a rescue group that would lift a finger to help me out of all the times i have needed help. I have zero faith in rescue groups. But thats besides the point.
This small female cat i took in I have had ever since.
The reason i say she is unusual is because in the two years or so i have had her she has never once scratched or bite. Never. Not once. And I even try to get her to do it for fun. I dont understand this. I also have never known a cat like this or heard of a cat like this. Its like she is to sweet to be real. She is very vocal amd if i pick her up a harass her she will whine and growl if i mess with her ti much but never even opens her claws or bites.
Has anyone come across this in a cat?
Thanx
I rescued my cat Coco over a year ago. In all that time, she has never hissed,growled,bit,or scratched me. Very loving. My other cats are not like that. I have baby blankets because I feel her claws when she kneeds on me.