Hi from a newbie!

msjfrizzle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found this site while searching for help with behavior issues with two of our cats. I found several ideas I'm implementing, and I'm delighted to have found this great community! 

Here are my three fur babies:

Moose (Polyphemus) Alpha cat            Scruggs: Rescued feral                    Luther: adopted from neighbor

Female                                                      Female                                                 Male

Moose and Luther were originally adopted from shelters. Scruggs was dumped near our house when she was about 7 weeks old. We had to trap her because she was so wild and feral, and obviously needed care. My son, the cat whisperer, had her tamed in less than a week, but she's still somewhat fearful of strangers, both human and feline. They have all been "customized", as my husband says (spayed/neutered).

We think Moose and Luther have some Maine Coon heritage, based on size, temperaments, and physical characteristics. Scruggs is probably tabby and Siamese, and who knows what else! Her nicknames are "Ding Dong", and "Glamour Kitty", based on her behavior and blue eyes, respectively. 

Don't let the pictures fool you about their relative sizes. Moose is about 10 pounds, Luther is over 12 pounds, and Scruggs is around 6 pounds. The big cats aren't overweight, they're just big cats.

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ahhhh pretty kitties! Read through the forums, they are a WEALTH of information. I have learned so much. The people on here know about cats, I thought I did before, I realize now I hardly knew anything. Welcome.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
A big welcome to TCS to you and beautiful Moose, Scruggs and Luther.  
  They really are lovely kitties.   This really is a wonderful resource when it comes to learning about cats, or just chatting about them.  I hope to see more of Moose, Scruggs and Luther in the future!  

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
@msjfrizzle

Welcome to you and kitties to the Catsite :wavey:

What lovely bunch you have here [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

msjfrizzle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:wave2: Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I have much to learn, and this looks like the best resource around.