Hi everyone

Thumper's mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I'm new to this site. I'm so glad they have a forum for FIV kitties.

My name is Staci and I just wanted to introduce my fur baby to everyone. So, back in Feb of this year we lost our cat, we had for years, to cancer. It was a very sad situation. He went from 100-0 over a few days time. I was hurting and by no means wanted another cat, I thought no cat could ever compare to Truman. Well, a few weeks later my youngest son and daughter show up at our door with a cat they adopted for us from the shelter. We were not happy to say the least. I had just suffered a loss and then I find out that the cat she adopted for us is FIV positive?!!? My first thought was, I can't bare another loss. Let me tell you, this cat, the pound found him in a trash dumpster, started out so timid but has turned into the most loving and sweet cat. He loves to paw you until you pet him. He's such a cuddler. I'm so grateful to have him in our home. He has some respiratory issues but otherwise he's in good health. His name is Thumper because of his big paws. If anyone knows what breed he may be, I would love to know.
IMG_20211110_223633673.jpg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
620315b2dd400a3725b9d7be2c73f2f2.gif
Staci and Thumper, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
27fcc15df3fba68a2a4b868777fc711c.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

We are so sorry to hear about Truman :alright: Thumper is Truman sent. And Thumper is such a adorable cute gentleman :hearthrob: :redheartpump: To know more about what breed Thumper is, you may want to ask this question here in describing-cats-what-does-my-cat-look-like.5809

Do post more photos of Thumper and we have a special thread here just for him in show-me-your-stripes-and-spots-tabby-cats-only.347378 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thumper's mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View attachment 404151 Staci and Thumper, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm View attachment 404150 to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

We are so sorry to hear about Truman :alright: Thumper is Truman sent. And Thumper is such a adorable cute gentleman :hearthrob: :redheartpump: To know more about what breed Thumper is, you may want to ask this question here in describing-cats-what-does-my-cat-look-like.5809

Do post more photos of Thumper and we have a special thread here just for him in show-me-your-stripes-and-spots-tabby-cats-only.347378 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:
♥ Thank you so much. I look forward to spending time on here and getting to learn more and meet new people.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:Staci and Thumper. What a gorgeous boy you have. Sounds like he's won you over, who could resist that face. I'm sure Trueman had a paw in this match because he knew you needed a cuddle bug.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Though it didn't feel that way at the time, I have a feeling that you needed Thumper as much as Thumper needed you. :petcat::redheartpump: He's really gorgeous and reminds me a bit of Jcatbird Jcatbird 's cat, BJ, who is also has FIV.

Condolences, also, on the loss of Truman. We have a Crossing the Bridge forum, if you think you might like to post a tribute to him. RIP Truman. :angel:

Last edited:

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome😻 so sorry about Truman. Thumper is gorgeous and it’s great you accepted him into your life. As long as he is well cared for he can live many years with fiv. Give him lysine daily. My Wizard was fiv plus when I saved him and he lived till 21! Sweet soul of my life he was. I would say he is a dlh with forest cat ancestry.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! Such a beautiful kitty! Welcome! I am so sorry you lost Truman. I am so glad you found it in your heart to save Thumper from a shelter. He needs you and I can tell, you are going to be the best thing that could have happened to him. I love the Thumper reference. Big paws, big love. Try not to stress over the FIV. Love does so much for these kitties and they can live purrfectly long lives.,I actually have two FIV kitties. The one that rubysmama rubysmama mentioned, BJ and Marcus Trax. Both are rescues and the most loving of kitties. They also send welcomes to you, your family and Thumper. I hope you will post many more photos of that precious rescue and that we will see you around the forums! :welcomesign::hellosmiley::heartshape: