Hi Everyone

Marmalade7774

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone I think I was suppose to post here first. I am now a first time cat owner after inheriting marmalade the cat I'm also looking a cat friendly property and a kitten because at 10 years marmalade is getting on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Marmalade7774

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I meant to say " I'm also looking FOR a cat friendly property"

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
624CF027-16EC-4E1A-A2BA-A29D7F33D2AB.gif
Marmalade7774, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
C7270F88-13EE-4671-AD27-91DD75400579.gif

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

We would love to see Marmalade’s photos :camera:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:

I just looked at your other threads and see that you took in Marmalade after your Grandmother passed away. Condolences on your loss. :alright: And thank you for taking in her cat. I'm sure she'd be happy to know he's with family. :catlove:

I saw his picture in your other thread, but do post one in this thread too, if you can. :camera:

I wouldn't rush into getting a kitten, as at 10 years old, Marmalade might not exactly appreciate the "friend". That doesn't mean it won't work. But do read up on multi-cat households before adding to your feline family.

Here's a few TCS articles that might be helpful:
Your Second Cat: How To Choose The Best Friend For Kitty
Introducing Cats To Cats
How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide
The Multi-cat Household

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
:hellosmiley: Welcome! I look forward to hearing more about Marmalade and your new kitty if you get one.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you both! I am so sorry for your loss, but so glad that Marmalade found a soft place to land.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
So sorry on the loss of your grandmother.
It was sweet of you to take in her cat. I am sure she is watching you both and smiling.
A kitten may not be the right match for an older cat.
You may consider a cat who is at least a few years old.
Of course, it is up to you. I am sure you will make the right choice for both you and Marmalade.
Again, welcome!

Dave226

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone I think I was suppose to post here first. I am now a first time cat owner after inheriting marmalade the cat I'm also looking a cat friendly property and a kitten because at 10 years marmalade is getting on.
Hi I won't bump the thread I have in the Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care forum because the mods don't like off topic stuff, but you did ask in that forum what breed my kitten was and to be honest I have no idea I think he's just a ginger domestic cat/kitten he's now about six months old now.

He wouldn't stay still for decent photos today

31may2.jpg 31may.jpg

Marmalade7774

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your replies, I am still struggling to get a photo of marmalade smiling, best I can do is a photo of him in his favorite spot hiding in the dark closet in his room eating biscuits on the top shelf. marmalade.jpg

Marmalade7774

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Found a fuzzy photo on one of grandmother's old phones of Marmalade as a kitten during happier times. Kind of sad really
marmkitten.jpg

Marmalade7774

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I won't bump the thread I have in the Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care forum because the mods don't like off topic stuff, but you did ask in that forum what breed my kitten was and to be honest I have no idea I think he's just a ginger domestic cat/kitten he's now about six months old now.

He wouldn't stay still for decent photos today
He's a lovely cat I wish Marmalade would have the confidence to pose like that

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Kitten Marmalade was a cutie pie. Hopefully in time, he'll start smiling again.:catlove: