Hi everyone 🙂 Meet Stevie 😻

WeezieLTD

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_20210106_103155_550.jpg

She's a two-year-old my husband and I adopted last Tuesday from the Toronto Humane Society. She was turned in as a stray and was pregnant at the time. So after living on the street, spending time at THS, then with a foster family while she nursed, then back to THS for her spaying and microchipping - she's now in her forever home.

Needless to say she is terribly undersocialized. We've set up a sanctuary for her in our spare room and poor little lady has been camped under the bed in a comfy-looking sort of tent/hammock (we tried blocking off the space by tucking sheets in between the box spring & mattress and under the castors/bedframe; alas we underestimated the burrowing powers of a frightened kitteh.) A couple of times she's found her way up on the bed and wriggled under the bedspread. We have a Feliway diffuser plugged in and I've been lying on the floor and talking to her while I play music from the RelaxMyCat app every day. Today she nodded off and did one of those face-upside down, foot-over-head stretches so hopefully that means she's starting to feel a bit less frightened *fingers crossed* I'm taking it as a win - lol.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Congrats on your new kitty adoption. :bouquet:

Stevie is a cutie pie. :purr:

Thanks also for adopting a former feral. It will likely take some time, but most former ferals can be socialized and become lovely house cats. :redheartpump:

Here's a couple TCS articles that might be helpful.

How To Get A Cat To Come Out Of Hiding? – TheCatSite Articles
10 Must-know Tips For Happy Living With A Shy Cat – TheCatSite Articles
16 Top Cat Experts Share Tips For Dealing With Timid Cats – TheCatSite Articles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WeezieLTD

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Congrats on your new kitty adoption. :bouquet:

Stevie is a cutie pie. :purr:

Thanks also for adopting a former feral. It will likely take some time, but most former ferals can be socialized and become lovely house cats. :redheartpump:

Here's a couple TCS articles that might be helpful.

How To Get A Cat To Come Out Of Hiding? – TheCatSite Articles
10 Must-know Tips For Happy Living With A Shy Cat – TheCatSite Articles
16 Top Cat Experts Share Tips For Dealing With Timid Cats – TheCatSite Articles
Thanks so much for the links. They'll be most helpful! Our boy, Floyd, who we lost in October to cancer, was very outgoing almost as soon as we brought him home - so we know this gorgeous girl is going to be a whole new experience. We're prepared to be incredibly patient. But she deserves it 🙂

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Condolences on the loss of Floyd. 🤗 RIP sweet boy. :angel3:
We have a Crossing the Bridge forum, if you might want to post a memorial tribute to him. :redheartpump:

I suspect you're right, and your new gorgeous girl will be a different experience, but will also be rewarding as you see her come out of her shell. :hearthrob:

If you have a specific questions about her socialization, you could post a new thread in our Cat Behavior forum as it would likely get more views and replies than this one.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
8a38f83d4776379958a843f398b82cdb.jpg
WeezieLTD and Stevie, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
04dc1171beeb7d41f8292ff3afb1cc22.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting Stevie from the shelter and for giving her a warm fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary to live out her life :clapcat:

We are so
IMG_3272.GIF
to hear about Floyd :alright:

Do post more photos of Stevie and we have a special thread just for her in black-cats-only.268663 and many fun thread here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: Thank you for adopting Stevie and giving her a forever, loving home. :heartshape: She is a beautiful girl and I know your patience will be rewarded with your new best friend. :purr:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to you and Stevie! :hithere: Thank you so much for rescuing her. We’re so happy that you’re here! I hope you enjoy your time on TCS! God bless!
P.S. Stevie is so adorable!!! Feel free to share more pictures of her... we always love to see them! 💛

WeezieLTD

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View attachment 365985 WeezieLTD and Stevie, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm View attachment 365986 to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting Stevie from the shelter and for giving her a warm fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary to live out her life :clapcat:

We are so View attachment 365987 to hear about Floyd :alright:

Do post more photos of Stevie and we have a special thread just for her in black-cats-only.268663 and many fun thread here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to.

Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

View attachment 365985 WeezieLTD and Stevie, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm View attachment 365986 to both of you.

We are so View attachment 365987 to hear about Floyd :alright:

Forum Rules

Thanks so much for the warm welcome :-)

WeezieLTD

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to you and Stevie! :hithere: Thank you so much for rescuing her. We’re so happy that you’re here! I hope you enjoy your time on TCS! God bless!
P.S. Stevie is so adorable!!! Feel free to share more pictures of her... we always love to see them! 💛
Thanks so much.

Since she's a fraidy cat (and we expect her to be for a while) I haven't taken many photos of her but I did get one of her in her safe space that shows off her lovely fuzzy RGB collar 🥰
Stevie.Jan.11.2021.jpg