Hi everyone! Meet Kila!

frazzfox

Mama to Kila the Calico
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all! I'm frazzfox (Frazz). My boyfriend and I just became cat parents! We adopted the sweetest cat in the world from a local cat café on New Year's Eve. Her name is Kila!

Kila is a 3 year old calico who's been through a lot. She was trapped as a kitten at one of our city's local shipyards along with a few siblings. When they found her she had antifreeze poisoning and nearly didn't make it. Thankfully she recovered and eventually was adopted out with a sister she was bonded with in 2017. However, her sister ran away and her former owner surrendered her in late 2019. At that point she ended up at the cat café, up for adoption a second time.

The minute I met her I knew she was the one. She's the cuddliest, sweetest, most loving cat. She adores being spooned, belly rubs, and making biscuits on any surface she can get her paws on. She's so even-tempered -- hasn't once bitten, scratched, growled, or hissed. She likes to be the center of attention and won't hesitate to sit on our laptops or climb all over us when we're too preoccupied. She enjoys playing with feather wands and chasing little red dots.

Since she's had a rough time of it I'm trying to give her the best life possible now. We're showering her with attention and love. We have a vet appointment for her on Monday and I'm hoping to get her on some higher quality food (she'd been eating Purina dry food at the shelter, not sure what her former owner had her on before then).

Anyway, here's what you came for: some pictures of the sweet girl! :)

81685817_10221458604113947_2359242118561529856_n.jpg

kila.jpg

81440234_10221458599873841_1547589506884960256_n.jpg

IMG_9989.jpg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
620315b2dd400a3725b9d7be2c73f2f2.gif
frazzfox and Kila, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
67027656263d7e97202c7e2079ce9596.jpg
to you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting Kila and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary to live out her life :clapcat:

She's a pretty gal and we have a special thread for her here in :- post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:to you and Kila. She's beautiful know wonder you fell for her. What a awful start she's had thakyou for giving her a forever home. I have to admit I loved the pictures, enjoy your cuddle cat.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome Kila and new cat parents! :welcomesign: Thank you, thank you and more thanks for seeing the beauty in this amazing girl.:hearthrob: Even though she had a difficult start in life she's hit the jackpot now. We will be expecting more pics with updates after her vet appointment. Good luck! :goodluck:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

frazzfox

Mama to Kila the Calico
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the kind responses and warm welcome everyone! I'm so glad this forum exists as a resource. I grew up with lots of cats (my "siblings" as an only child :lol:) but there's still so much to learn!

Here's an update: Kila did very well at the vet's today! She loved being the center of attention on the examination table. Found out she has tapeworm so the doc had us worm her at home and then we're going to re-up her flea treatment since she's been scratching / over-grooming. She also noticed some inflammation around the gums, possibly the start of gingivitis, so I ordered some cat toothpaste and we'll be attempting to do some cleaning to keep that at bay.

I asked about her visible third eyelid (she has a bit showing in the inner corners of her eyes at all times, it's visible in her kitten pictures as well) but the doctor didn't seem to be worried -- she said it might be a result of what happened to her as a kitten.

We microchipped her as well and they'll be doing a full blood panel at her next yearly physical to keep an eye on her kidney/liver (due to the poisoning). I did a bunch of research on food today (vet wasn't a ton of help for nutrition) and settled on a few brands of high-quality wet to wean her onto (Weruva, Instinct, Tiki).

Some more pictures of the little lady for good measure:

photo_2020-01-06 22.47.09.jpeg

photo_2020-01-06 22.47.16.jpeg

photo_2020-01-06 22.47.14.jpeg

photo_2020-01-06 22.47.11.jpeg