Hey Everyone!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sorry I haven't been on lately. Things are hectic.

After numerous tests, ultrasounds, non stress tests and everything under the sun, the Dr. informed us on Tuesday that they are going to induce me Thursday Jan 14th.

I have IUGR (Inuterine Growth Restriction). I don't drink, smoke or do drugs so they are attributing it to my body just being worn out. My placenta isn't functioning the way that it should be and the baby isn't growing. As of today they've estimated his weight at 4lbs 15oz
and hasn't gained anything in the last 3 weeks.
So, my Dr has said it's better that he's out then in.

As many of you know I wasn't supposed to be able to get pregnant in the first place because of female issues I've had over the years so it's a blessing that we've made it this far

We are all excited and nervous at the same time because we thought we had until at least the begining of Feb.

I will make sure that someone posts updates when I do have him (Monica you're being volunteered
)

Please keep us in your prayers as the next week is very cruicial and I have TONS more tests to go through between now and then.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I see that you are 36 weeks plus 1 day (36wks + 1). If you are being induced on the 14th, your baby will be over 37 weeks. That's considered term. The final 3 weeks is basically just allowing the baby to put on more weight.

Your baby despite being small his lungs are fully developed and he will be able to breathe on his own. He also has a sucking reflex so he can suckle and won't need to be fed with a feeding tube.

Once he's born and feeding, he should start to put on some weight.

Definitely post pictures!!

Lots of vibes for a safe, and uneventful birth!

Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Sorry I haven't been on lately. Things are hectic.

After numerous tests, ultrasounds, non stress tests and everything under the sun, the Dr. informed us on Tuesday that they are going to induce me Thursday Jan 14th.

I have IUGR (Inuterine Growth Restriction). I don't drink, smoke or do drugs so they are attributing it to my body just being worn out. My placenta isn't functioning the way that it should be and the baby isn't growing. As of today they've estimated his weight at 4lbs 15oz
and hasn't gained anything in the last 3 weeks.
So, my Dr has said it's better that he's out then in.

As many of you know I wasn't supposed to be able to get pregnant in the first place because of female issues I've had over the years so it's a blessing that we've made it this far

We are all excited and nervous at the same time because we thought we had until at least the begining of Feb.

I will make sure that someone posts updates when I do have him (Monica you're being volunteered
)

Please keep us in your prayers as the next week is very cruicial and I have TONS more tests to go through between now and then.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You everyone!

As of today he's up to 5lbs 2oz

They are going to induce me Friday January 15th. We have to be at the hospital by 6am.

Oh and we may have a name change.

Either Gage Keith or Hunter Keith. We are going to decide when he's born

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of prayers and vibes headed that way for a healthy happy momma and baby!
I agree with Linda- at his age, from a medical standpoint- he should do just fine
Try not to worry too much!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck to you all!! We thought we had more time before baby arrived too.
I spent my home laboring time by washing baby clothes and bedding. DH had to come home and put together the bassinet. Then he and my Mom spent our first day home working on everything else!