Hexclad Cookware

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why Use Hexclad

I guess these have been around since 2017 but I just heard about them. They have started picking up endorsements from Michelin Star chefs the latest being Gordon Ramsey. They are a hybrid of stainless steel and non-stick. They aren't cheap but they aren't as expensive as I thought they would be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They do look interesting. I keep going back and looking, for me that is the first stage and eventually I give in. It will take a while though. Including the Wok in a set is a big enticement for me. I have read that stir fries come out better when cooked in a Wok.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I indulged and purchased just one 12 inch fry pan a year or so ago. LOVE it :). And since hubby does the dishes, he loves it even more since clean up is ever so easy with it.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I may just buy the 12 inch wok instead of going all in with a set. I knew I wouldn't get the 13 piece set. I was looking at the 7 piece set, the one with 3 skillets and the wok but I think just the wok would be best for now.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I ordered the 12 inch Wok. I made sure that the company does sell through Amazon and the seller was listed as Hexclad. I don't want to pay that kind of money for something that is counterfeit. I am supposed to get it Monday so I will be doing a stir fry for dinner Monday night. I know it has to be seasoned but it isn't the long drawn out process like it is for cast iron.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
They do look interesting! No way I can afford the 13-piece set. The last time I bought cookware was when I bought a set of Tramontina and that’s been a while ago. It looks, cooks, and cleans beautifully. I call it “poor man’s All Clad” because you can’t tell the difference. I really like them.

But boy, that set does look nice!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my what lovely cookware!I could easily drool over that!But...I agree with Pam on the tramontina,and I have a couple of pieces of oxo stainless that I love as well.My most favorite though is my calphalon .It has never failed me no matter what,cleans up great,and I bought it for so cheap :)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I agree.. I do need a new 12 inch fry pan. I looked it up... OMG>>> for that price, the cover should be included... So expensive.

I recently bout a Michalangelo 4 quart pan from Amazon. I am really happy with it.. comes with cover also... about 1/4 the price of Hexclad...

I think if you were just starting out, or were an extraordinary, every day cook; then it may be worth it.. rather than All Clad....