Hermaphrodite Cat

siamiam2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Crme? I have a hermaphrodite cat. You seem to have problems most of which were let go by the previous owners. Arg! Drinks from the faucet? Blessedly drinks water. Right? Throws self down? Easy one. Cuddle a lot and that can change. I hear ya on the food issue. Mine likes both wet and dry but with somepresen health issues i add warm water to her food and shes fine. Bathroom issues? Im clueless there but wonder how you surmised her to be more female than male if she has both parts.?? Your list of problems is way over my head but I hope the few I could help with were helpful. If you're lucky enough to get her to a vet by all means do. She seems not to have been neutered which is why she's driving you bonkers unless it's a UTI which can be cured with apple cider vinegar diluted with water. My girl ppeesproper with just one dose a day in a dropper. Careful to use more water than ACV, an inch up or less is all you need.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking. I don't do that often as it tends to give me a headache :D

Any case, I was thinking, her not eating dry food and throwing her spit around could very well meanher teeth hurt. At 14 she should have them checked. Does she have bad breath?

Kristy Blankenship

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am the owner of a hermaphrodite cat. She was a stray left at some hunting land and kept playing with my dad following him around until he brought her home what we thought was a her at the time. As time went on she never became pregnant as she was allowed outside and there are no cats around but also she never sprayed or mark their territory that we could smell. That left us with questions wondering what was up and one day we saw that she had both genitalia of male and female and were amazed I didn't realize it could happen. So she's never been fixed she has never had any kittens nor has she sprayed in my house I see no reason why she would have to have to be spayed or neutered since she's posed no threat of breeding and don't see a point in doing a gender reassignment am I wrong?

Okay everyone,

I recently took in a 14 yr old cat that was about to be shipped off to the pound(the home found out the new daughter had a severe allergy to cats).

It turns out she has both parts, but is predominately female. She's been having some bizarre behaviors and I haven't gotten her into a vet yet. (still processing financial assistance paperwork) I found out this cats previous owners never took her to a vet but I was wondering if there is any information that would be helpful with this type of cat?

I have had cats my whole life but never one with this special situation. Until I can get her to a vet I am really at a loss for some of her behaviors.

Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? I would love to hear from anyone and especially anyone with this type of cat!

Thanks!

View media item 288095

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am the owner of a hermaphrodite cat. She was a stray left at some hunting land and kept playing with my dad following him around until he brought her home what we thought was a her at the time. As time went on she never became pregnant as she was allowed outside and there are no cats around but also she never sprayed or mark their territory that we could smell. That left us with questions wondering what was up and one day we saw that she had both genitalia of male and female and were amazed I didn't realize it could happen. So she's never been fixed she has never had any kittens nor has she sprayed in my house I see no reason why she would have to have to be spayed or neutered since she's posed no threat of breeding and don't see a point in doing a gender reassignment am I wrong?
Spaying and neutering is also done for the health of the cats, not just population control. Your cat is at increased risk for reproductive cancers.

Kristy Blankenship

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Would you still do it since she's a older ? My parents took her to the vet and got her shots and they never said anything even about her being a hermaphrodite cat, said she was in good health at that time and she's not been having any problems in the 16 years she has been with us she's approximately 18 years old....

Kristy Blankenship

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did call the local spay and neuter clinic I volunteered at and the Vet there said she didn't see any reason to at her age unless she was having problems.... Thank you all for your time and help.