Here's your chance to meet and greet some of our cats.

elsasmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Birdie; a long-haired calico, age 3 years old and a very sweet little girl.  Birdie is a big-time daddy's girl and she nails John the minute he gets home, she insists he take her and sit down and hold her.  Birdie was adopted from the local shelter.  One day while out driving around I said to John lets stop at the shelter and have a look around.  When we went into the cat room, there was Birdie and that little face of hers melted my heart in about 10 seconds.  Birdie's family surrendered her when the new human baby came.  I cannot begin to imagine how brokenhearted she must have been feeling when her family left her at the shelter, wondered what she had done wrong, when were they going to return for her.

This is Charlie, a stray who ended up at our house.  One day John had just gotten home from work and he saw this poor cat staggering towards him.  One look told you she was almost completely starved to death and obviously VERY pregnant.  She was very friendly and came right over to him and allowed him to scoop her up and bring her into the house.  John said he brought her into the house and immediately fed her and gave her a bowl of fresh water.  A couple weeks later Charlie had her kittens and all 4 of them passed away and once she was recovered and had gained a couple pounds, she was spayed.  Now days her greatest concern is were she is going to nap in the mornings and then wrestle that same decision in the afternoons.  Charlie's most favorite thing in the whole world besides eating; getting tummy scritches from daddy. 

More pix to come

~Elsa'sMom

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
   Hello and welcome to TCS!   What wonderful photos and stories to introduce your self and your kitties with. 
    Birdie looks VERY at home in your hubby's arms in that middle picture, how adorable her expression is.  

I hope you have lots of fun and find all the information you want here on site.   I will be looking forward to hearing more about Birdie and Charlie, and seeing some more photos of them in their element - happy and loved in your home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

elsasmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanx MServant, I am enjoying it here. 

Birdie is the funniest little cat, she wears this expression every day that reads something like "oh wow, whats that, or well I have never seen that before" and many others.  Even everyday life seems to astound her, everything seems to surprise her, and she doesn't seem to ever get bored with anything.  Birdie is quite the little cat.  Birdie is named for the mother of a friend I had many years ago, I thought that lady was just so beautiful and when I saw Birdie at the shelter, I thought she had the most beautiful little face and then I thought of my friend's mother from years ago.  I think it is that prominent gray smudge she has up and down her nose that gives her such a surprised expression. 

~Elsa'sMom

eleanora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Elsasmom, your cats are gorgeous and both look so happy. How wonderful for them both,how lucky that you and your husband came along.Welcome to TCS[emoji]128522[/emoji] It's real nice here. If I even stroke Nora's tummy her tail starts swishing. ..so I don't! But she too loves lying on her back.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@ElsasMom  Birdie's facial  markings are very pretty, esp that gray dash and the ginger above it.  But then Charlie's ginger and black is lovely too. 
  I am so lucky because all 3 cats I have lived with here have loved tummy scritches! Few things nicer than soft belly fur.
   I never used to appreciate how rare it was when I had my tabby girls, they had irresistable spottybellies like Nora's @Eleanora .   

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty cats and love the stories and pics about them both. My cat loves belly rubs too, first cat I ever met who not only tolerated that but demands it too! You sound like great people, as well!!

They look like sisters. Do they get along?

elsasmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Pretty cats and love the stories and pics about them both. My cat loves belly rubs too, first cat I ever met who not only tolerated that but demands it too! You sound like great people, as well!!

They look like sisters. Do they get along?
Nope not sisters and today they were racing up and down the hall playing.  Most of the time it depends on the weather; as silly as that sounds it seems to effect our cats a lot.  Weather front moving into our area today and cats bouncing off the wall.  The dog was laying on his back in his dog bed snoring so loud I had to turn up the TV.  

He snorts and snores like a Pugs. 

Does the weather effect other people's cats here on the board??

~Elsa'sMom   

tigerkitte

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi there this is my cat Chiqito  and I,and this is how I make my cat active without him even knowing. first I get some unmatchable  string then I get a 4-5 in piece of yarn then Tye it to the string put it in front of him the  

tigerkitte

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am sorry for the confusion but this cat s not in a shelter allthuo thank you for taking an interest in what I have written. I have seen some of your cat-tactic  photos they are amazing

elsasmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I am sorry for the confusion but this cat s not in a shelter allthuo thank you for taking an interest in what I have written. I have seen some of your cat-tactic  photos they are amazing

Thanx TigerKitte, I am not much of a photographer but I do love taking pix of my critters. 

~ElsasMom

maiaelizabeth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi this are my babies Maia on top and Foley on bottom. They love to chase each other around especially at 5 am. Foley is very needy and wakes me up every morning so I can pet him. He weighs 15 pounds so it's pretty impossible not to wake up when he walks around my belly/back. Maia is a daddy's girl she loves it when Ant and I are laying down watching television. She comes to us and goes from him to me so we can take turns petting her and she gets very  drooly. I think she was us to be as close as possible so she can lay down on top of us both. They're my everything and some people say I'm crazy because I want to make them a cake for their birthday. Well hi to everyone!