Her Name Was Simba

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Somebody

Findus' & Simba's dad
Young Cat
Purraise
PS:
In the next year our outdoor cat Luna indeed came to visit.

33-1.jpg

I had to cover up the urn because the brutal California sun might damage the engraving so I only remove the plastic canvas when I visit.

Luna now lives inside only so there won't be any more visits. But Findus died yesterday and when I have her urn, she will join Simba so they both won't be alone.

thanatos0042

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for that incredible story and that journey...I wish I could write out the stories of my companions like that, but I'm afraid someone would have to commit me because I would have a mental and emotional breakdown remembering all the good time and sad times and reliving them.

They were very lucky to have you in their lives and they will aways be with you in energy and spirit.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry. I could feel the love as I read the posts. I had five black babies and
there was something very special about them. Please know you are not alone in your grief.

Love,
Mia :rbheart::hugs:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a lovely tribute to such a wonderful little one! You should be proud you wrote so well of her life and your journey together, it is something to be treasured in the years to come. You gave that precious girl the one thing in life that she wanted the most, someone to love, and who would love her back.
You did all you could, and so much more than most for a scared little black stray that took a chance on you helping her. Your souls are intertwined now, and since love is spiritual, it is eternal. You will always have a place in your heart for her, and she is at peace because she has your love. She would never want you to be so sad because of her, just as you would have wanted if you were the first to go, so she wants for you because that is love. Live the rest of your life seeking its joys and the happiness that truly living brings. Share her love with another, adding to it causes it to bloom and to grow., Hiding it in a cold, dark, grieving heart prolongs the agony of losing someone so precious. She lives on through you now, so make it a happy life. She will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers.
My heart goes out to you, I know how much this hurts. Each love is personal and is not experienced by all, but as one who has stood in your shoes, I understand. As you gaze out onto the beautiful little shrine you have made in her honor, look for the black movement in your peripheral vision, she will be there to be close to the one she loves so much. Her star in the evening sky will shine bright, as a reminder of the bright and beautiful love you two shared. Take care my friend, and know you have honored her well by leaving such a beautiful memoir for all to share.......RIP sweet Simba, You will always be missed, you will have a secure place in a loving heart for eternity. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you neet again!

Last edited:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somebody Somebody , let me tell you this.
I have rarely seen such a devotion in a man taking care of a cat, and I have rarely seen such passion, effort, patience, endurance and courage in taking care of a feral or stray cat.
I read Simba's story, and the final chapter, her path to death, broke my heart and led me to tears, because some way it reminded me my Lola's path to death.
I, too, had written the story of my cat in chapters, because it was too long to be put into a single post.
You are one in a million, Simba couldn't have asked for a better parent to take care of her. You proved she was right to pick your garden among many in the neighborhood. Cats never fail at picking the right place, at knocking the right door.
Yours has been a great adventure, one of those who mark your life forever, and like all great adventures, it won't be forgotten.

RIP Simba, you had a rough start of life, but you eventually knew what love is. And what a love it was!