Her eyes are changing color!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All three of my rescue kittens Perla, Perkins and Presley has dark blue eyes and just over the last two months (they are eight months) their eyes are turning gold in color. Perkins are still changing. They are getting a very dark orange around the pupil as well. I think some cats eye color changes up until they are fully mature. A beautiful transition I think

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mimosa

An exception would be the silver Persians that should have green eyes and would produce better blue eyes in pointed offspring.
I know a British shorthair breeder who breeds colourpointed Brits and she tried this, she crossed a point with a silver shaded and got really good deep blue eye colour.
Lol, I'm actually trying to do that right now, but vice versa.
I'm trying to get more colourpoint Brits to Finland, but before I can do that I'm trying to make the green eye color on silvers more intense by mixing pointed & silver. It makes the green 'more green' and gets rid of the yellowish tint some may have.
My queen is black silver shaded point with pale blue eyes, and my stud is black silver shaded with green eyes. His eyes are ok, but could be more intense and hopefully the future kittens will get 'the perfect' shade of green.

So basically i'm mixing him:

with her

Aaand hopefully I'll get something like this: linked it because the pic is so large (this gorgeous lady is called Harmi).

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aya's eyes changed in just the way you were describing. She lost the kitten blues right after I found her, then they turned golden-y. they stayed gold for a while but now they are more green (she's 2 1/2 yrs old).

adweena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Isabella's eyes are in the process of changing color. She is 14 weeks old now, and it is fun to watch them and guess what color they will be!