Henry needs some diet help

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He came as a feral a couple years ago. I feed him a spoonful of 1/2 blue buffalo indoor and 1/2 merrick before grain 3 times a day. But he gets very little exercise. It’s like he’s trying to make up for all those feral years! So what I need is a food that is high protein, low fat, no or little dye and more meat, less grain and fillers.

What’s worked for you please?

5EB8ED72-9DE1-4BAB-BEBE-A8424A661F42.jpeg
5EB8ED72-9DE1-4BAB-BEBE-A8424A661F42.jpeg

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
For a dieting cat, perhaps Weruva. They are very high protein, no grains and have a ton of options, flavor and consistency wise. If not them, perhaps Soulistic, which ismanufactured by the same company, only is Petco's brand. Also high protein, no grains, and depending on whicih one you get, low carb. They have several lines, some in gravy, some gelee, so it all depends on which thickeners both companies use which will be less carbs but both foods are pretty low carb, which is what you need.

He's adorable, BTW :loveeyes:. Oh, and to help him feel full, aside from more protein, try feeding him smaller meals more often. I'd say at least 3 times per day, more often if you can

squirrelfriend

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tiki cat or homemade is great.
But you will have to get him to move around, regardless. Heres some videos on that:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
A spoonful three times a day is a tiny amount of food for an adult cat.
Have you had him in to a vet lately? Are you weighing him every couple weeks?

Have you checked his body condition against a chart?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No, I need apparently to restate this better. I feed him kibble ...3 tablespoons a day and at night he gets 1/4 can fancy feast gravy lovers. So I’m looking for a kibble high protein, low fat, low dye, no grain. I have six other rescues to feed as well. Yes, I know the drill about kibble but feeding schedules and money...and retired to boot, me, not the cats!

Thanks

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Maybe this might help, if you scroll down you'll see more of the information you're looking for;

Plus this could help;

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a porky cat, and generally kibble is not great for her. It seems like it is such a small amount but didn’t keep her full. We went all wet food and that’s been great.

If all wet food isn’t an option, try Dr Elsey’s Clean-protein or Young Again. They are high protein, low fat and low carb.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Karen...ordered some yesterday. Really expensive even compares to merrick but I figure the health payout will be worth it. Of course now I have the other six to deal with. Gradually introducing anyway
Gracie, his best buddy, won’t be a problem. Henry is the only one of the six that will tolerate her. Found her on Chick-fil-A parking lot 7 oz eyes matted shut, etc
C5B2977A-AE65-46A2-B298-9C7BC8FE5B5C.jpeg
C5B2977A-AE65-46A2-B298-9C7BC8FE5B5C.jpeg