Henri The French Existential Cat On Youtube

Gaven Kent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Search for HenriLeChatNoir on YouTube and you'll find a load of short cat filled films that are hilarious and a work of genius!

I think I first saw these videos in 2012 and the guy behind them has added a few more over the years. If I remember correctly he is a Canadian filmmaker who used his mums cats as his main characters. What started as fun led to him and Henri getting funding and being able to earn a living from his films. There's merchandise too. What he's made is a cat based,1950s French black and white existentialist series of short films. Henri is a cat that is putting answers to the meaning of life. They are brilliant short films clearly made by a cat lover and the cats themselves are amazing. These are the cat films that every cat lover wishes they had made. Filming your cat then overdubbing some 'what does it all mean' dialogue in French is surely a recipe for great comedy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gaven Kent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
image.jpeg

This is Henri's partner in comedy who he affectionately refers to a L'Imbecile Blanc! He also loves cheeseburgers