Helping Ng Aterra The Cat Feel More Confident In Her Now Home

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
MOST cats are fools over Temptations. The down side...they really aren't healthy. I was aghast on reading "if this product is used as food..." OH GOD NO! However, cats will do things for Temptations that they won't do for anything else. Used sparingly, they are fine. I'd keep it to 5 or less a day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, baby Terra won’t eat anything other than Ians cat food, even when offered. I know that treats are an important part of a kitty’s life, and I just want her to enjoy something fun, now and then. She used to love the healthy treats her vet sells when she was a mitten, but not anymore?

I almost think that going for so long without treats has burned out her desire for them. Am I being ridiculous? What flavors are known cat pleasers? Her food is chicken flavored, so I think I will start there.

Oh, and when she was a kitten, she LOVED Ben & Jerry’s. I would get a pinto that didn’t have chocolate in the base, and would let her lap up the frozen condensation on the inside of the lid. I imagine Temptations would likely be better for her, though. >.<

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
On a strange note, Terra chased Riggs out of her territory earlier today. ‘Twas a funny moment, or at least ironic.

On the subject of those freeze dried treats, does Petco carry them? What brands would you recommend?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
On a strange note, Terra chased Riggs out of her territory earlier today. ‘Twas a funny moment, or at least ironic.
That's actually quite wonderful! She's getting her Cat Mojo now, and standing up for herself, rather than hiding away. GOOD GIRL!

Can't help with the freeze-dried treats. Hek won't touch them. I'd check their web site.

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, I’ve been meaning to ask for a while, but do non refrigerated treats have an expiration date? If so, it may explain why Terra won’t eat her treats anymore.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
On the subject of those freeze dried treats, does Petco carry them? What brands would you recommend?
Pure bites is one brand. Raja had some Merrick backcountry last week and ate it like it was the first time she had ever had food.

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I found a treat that has been approved of by Terra the Cat: Blue Wilderness trout treats. est part is that I had these all along. My roommate had been giving her some now and then. These treats are very cruchy, and Terra has loved crunchy treats since her kittenhood. Even with the aroma of peppermint and cheese on my hands from the pizza I just ate, she let me hand feed her, though her nose wandered around my hand, following the smell of pizza before she dug in.

I’m assuming Blue treats are healthier than Temptations. In any event, I’m glad I found a treat that The Kitty approves of.