Help!

Germzy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, new to the forum have been reading alot and doing things myself but im at the point where I NEED ASSISTANCE ( before i get into detail let me explain these two guys, They are my kids im 30 year old male saved both of them bottle feed them raised them, i mean they get excited when i tell them we are going for a car ride.. they are like dogs i crack the window several inches and they love the air and laying in my dash or in my back window, as well as my lap ), So i have 2 Monkey and monster cats they are brothers grew up together last 9 months of their lives, i recently moved in with a friend of a friend, and long story short he physically harmed my cat shaved his main and dropped him a whole city over, i searched for 9 days straight and found him on the 9th day with a broken leg 3 broken floating ribs and a cracked pelvis. ( before anyone sais anything, about this dude i handled him for what he did ) so now that monster is home ive spend the last 35 days trying to re introduce monkey and monster VERY slowly, but monkey who has birth problems, has no pads on his feet and his finger nails grew together so the vet cut them to nothing ( they were digging in to his foot making him bleed ) will not stop hissing and being or trying to be aggresive to his birth brother. Monster took it for a while and aboout 2 weeks ago monkey bit monster and monster finally reacted and turned and whooped his ass after taking a week strait of LETTING his brother bite and try to scratch but has no claws to do so. SO monster is almost stawking monkey waits for him and you can see he makes this real mean face untill he sees me watching him then he lays on his side and acts like he is being oh so sweet like he use to be, but ive left my camera on and i mean he gets mean with monkey now, they dont recognise eachother anymore. if anyone can help me please, i need it, ive done the re introducing, switching them spots so they get use to eachothers scent, nothing is working and i REFUSE to get rid of either one.

thank you guys sorry its a lot to read, i love my cats and i really need some advice,

tyler

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It make take awhile for the cats to more or less get along again so have patience. Have you seen these TCS articles?

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When *&^! of any variety happens and a cat relationship goes south, if its not that big a deal, a short separation of hours to days (depending on the situation and how they seem) is enough. However, if there is fighting like you have, you may have to treat them as cats that are totally new to each other and do a slow introduction process that could last weeks depending on how its going. Guide below:

How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide – TheCatSite Articles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Germzy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
update, today i get home from work, to my wife being gone, to avail monster somehow just tore monkey up, monkey needed 6 stitches 2 under his eye rest on his upper bodey, my wife went in to check on monkey and i guess monster b lined it in the room and just started attacking. anybodey? ive done those things above but monster is just a monster

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, for one, you might need to airlock the separation for a while. Airlock = only open the door to Monster's room when the other cat is in a room with a closed door.