Help!

Cometlove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 12 year old cat, comet, was recently diagnosed with pancreatitis and IBD. She is on steroids as well as an antinausea and an appetite stimulant. she is very picky about what she eats and she gets fed pretty much whenever she wants both wet and dry. She's been on the meds for about 2 weeks now and still seems to be fading. At her last vet appointment, they did a tummy feel and found what the vet thought were two small spots, not sure if masses or inflammation. Today I noticed she seems very disoriented and confused and has not eaten very much sunset last night. We have some neighbors doing some landscaping and we had to have a plumber in for a minor problem. I'm hoping the confusion is because of all the noise (she's terrified of men thanks to my late father) and she'll be calmer tomorrow but what do I do if that's not the case. She can't afford to not eat she's down from 11lns to 6.9lbs sunset we first noticed problems back in January

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't have much to offer, but you could try to entice her to eat with some baby food meat (Gerber Stage 2 or Beechnut). It seems that a lot of cats love it (mine included), and while it is not nutritionally complete for her, it is something that might jump start her eating again. Ditto with any number of the lickable treats, which are pretty basic and might get her eating again too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cometlove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tried that sometimes yes some no but thank you. Have also tried a variety of kitten food which she absolutely hates

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When my 16 year old cat loses her appetite I boil chicken breast and she’ll eat some of it. She also will eat the Gerber baby food. Have you tried fancy feast?
She also eats ham when I cook it but I don’t give her too much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cometlove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yep to all of those. Sometimes yes sometimes no.