Help?!

omglena

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So this brown thing started forming on her eye yesterday but I assumed it was just a dry eye booger than kinda just stained her eye a bit but now it’s hard and it’s growing outward. Any idea on what it is?? Vets aren’t open til Monday and I’m a bit worried

Attachments

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
You're sure it isn't gunk that dried on her fur? It looks like it's in the fur, is why i'm asking.
I know how stressful this has to be... hate when things like this happen over the weekend. Is there an emergency vet near you at all?
Other than that, is she eating/drinking/behaving normally? If she is, she'll probably be okay until Monday. The around her eyes look really red, any chance that's a bite or allergic reaction to something? I'll be honest, i've never seen anything like this before so I'm just throwing out what it looks like to me. Hopefully someone else here will know =( I hope your kitty feels better soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

omglena

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You're sure it isn't gunk that dried on her fur? It looks like it's in the fur, is why i'm asking.
I know how stressful this has to be... hate when things like this happen over the weekend. Is there an emergency vet near you at all?
Other than that, is she eating/drinking/behaving normally? If she is, she'll probably be okay until Monday. The around her eyes look really red, any chance that's a bite or allergic reaction to something? I'll be honest, i've never seen anything like this before so I'm just throwing out what it looks like to me. Hopefully someone else here will know =( I hope your kitty feels better soon!
I thought the same at first too but it wouldn’t come off so i touched it with my fingers and it wouldn’t budge. I could tell it was hurting her so I stopped :( I don’t think she’s allergic to anything, she gets a lot of discharge in her eyes so I think that’s where it’s from. Thank you!!

LindaE

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I could be wrong, but it looks like she may have an eye infection. Hope you can get her an appointment soon, as she possibly needs antibiotics. Hope she gets better soon.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
She has some sort of an eye infection, my guess over allergies. Try to get her to the vet ASAP. This should qualify as an emergency definitely.