Help

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Outdoors is dangerous predators (coyotes, dogs, other cats, hawks -yes, they'll take a cat in the blink of an eye, raccoons,,,), cars, bad people, and illnesses. Most die from them before they build up an immunity. Get a primary vet you trust and get their vaccinations. Keep them inside to be safe healthy and there when you need to cuddle them. Worrying about their safety and where they are when they're late coming home, sort of defeats the 'cats relieve stress' part of cat ownership. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stephg143

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh geez, never never. I mean go outside with me. I got little harnesss (which my husband hates!). Just so I can take them in the backyard to soak up some UV rays and get fresh air

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there is a real possibility that they had a reaction to the anesthesia, were given too much, or had the wrong kind. With neutering, most males bounce right back within hours! What you are describing is not normal at all, and I think it took them a week to get it completely out of their system. Did they happen to receive their immunizations at the same time? Sometimes those can cause that kind of reaction, but not for that long. I'm so happy they are better, healing vibes sent your way!

Stephg143

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes they were given their shots at the same time. At this point in time, I am pretty darn convinced that they got sick from fancy Feist. They used to just get the regular Parina friskies daily. The day that they had their surgery I went and bought them fancy feast so they can have a little treat for what they went through (having surgery). The day after surgery they were playing and running around Then the day after that is when there symptoms hit hard. I’m thinking that is why both vets that We went to Said that there was really nothing out of the norm with there vitals except a bit of wheezing in ones lungs.
And I know i shouldn’t Believe everything i read online, But the amount of complaints and reported issues in the past two months on this site and others, regarding fancy feast blows my mind. I’m starting to believe there has to be a connection. Has anyone else heard of anything like this? Below are some of the ones I purchased..

upload_2018-12-12_23-5-43.jpeg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I got little harnesss (which my husband hates!).
Why doesn't your husband like it?

I’m starting to believe there has to be a connection. Has anyone else heard of anything like this?
There can be so many things that happen with pet food, from mistakes or poor cleaning occurring with the processing equipment to the manufacturer making changes to their formulas with their bottom line being the main, sometimes only, focus, and our pets (and we) pay the price.

With Fancy Feast, I don't know what to think. My boy is one of the cats who is a fanatic about that brand of food, --along with Friskies which he simply quit eating last year no matter what flavor or style of it I got for him. The Fancy Feast hasn't made him ill, at least, not exactly.

Most of this year he's been less than enthused about FF and particularly around February/March, he actually wasn't eating it very well at all. That really scared the bejesus out of me (I'm thinking "you've got to be kidding me - I get to watch my cat starve to death?!? I already had an elevated liver number issue with him, I REALLY don't need this!!") and sent me racing down a different path of trying to find other foods he would eat. I'd been trying to shift him to the grain-free, menadione-free more expensive foods for a year or so prior without any luck to speak of, but when this happened I decided to try Tractor Supply, Walmart and local grocery stores. He's re-gained the weight he lost this spring (healthy otherwise) and so far he and I have a somewhat workable compromise.

Knock on wood that all of our kitties stay safe :vibes::crossfingers: :grouphug:

dan32

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A couple of kittens should be a breeze, except that they came from a shelter environment - which can be full of contagions. Cat flu is a miserable illness, but should have been in their baby shots. Probably after they settle down, all will be well. They're pretty cute!

I've had 5 boys neutered and they bounced right back the next day. I wouldn't jump around on the foods too much - they have to adjust to each of the mfrs. Little kittens are usually very resilient.

Stephg143

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OH BOY.......
looks like I’m not of the woods yet :(
The one that has a bump on his head, has now developed one one his leg/thigh. We went back to the vet and this one the want to test $$
It’s a chance that it could be sarcoma due to the rabies shot he has when he was neutered.....
This seems like it’s never going to stop
:( :(