Help!!

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please help. My eight month old kitten Autumn chases my six year old cat and bites her. I've never seen blood from it but it hurts Holly. Autumn has lots of toys so it can't be that. My kitten Cocoa used to do it too. I thought it was a boy kitty thing. Any ideas?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to actively play with the kitten and give her a way to burn off her excess energy. Interactive play with something like a laser or a toy on a strong will help. Do this a few times a day until she is really tired out and panting.

mingking

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also give Holly a way to escape, like a high perch or safe box to go into. Try to clear away areas of ambush which might mean blocking off places your kitten likes to hide (if it likes to do that). 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You need to actively play with the kitten and give her a way to burn off her excess energy. Interactive play with something like a laser or a toy on a strong will help. Do this a few times a day until she is really tired out and panting.

I do play with Autumn. A lot

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What do you do when you play with her?

She has jingle balls that we play fetch with and a large kicker we also play fetch with. I sometimes play with a string toy and laser toy with her. She has other toys we play fetch with as well. She had a kitty spiral condo to play on.

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds good. You may just need to be doing it for longer chunks of time, until she lies down and is panting. Are they both fixed?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like it might be a dominance issue. I would suggest putting the wild one in time outs when she gets too rough. I also second the idea of adding escapes for holly.

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It sounds like it might be a dominance issue. I would suggest putting the wild one in time outs when she gets too rough. I also second the idea of adding escapes for holly.

Holly has several high escapes The problem is that as Autumn gets bigger she'll be able to reach them too.