Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

explodom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a male feral kitten. Very playful, friendly and affectionate. I am forced to keep him outside due to my parents "heath" concerns. If it was up to me, I would keep him inside. Why? Because another huge adult male feral picks on him almost everyday. Being a kitten, he can't defend himself. This has been going on for several days now but my kitten was unhurt but after today, I have had enough. I was indoors, eating when right outside the door, they start fighting. I rushed outside. The attacker was nowhere to be found. The kitten was sitting under our car. It came out limping. In the box where it sleeps, I found blood stains. The fighting only happens at night. The attacker has so far eluded capture. Any ideas on how to stop the aggressor?

Also, whenever I leave the kitten and come inside, it just yowls and tries to climb our netted door. Any idea how to stop it getting lonely? I have to spend less time with it because my parents think I am spending too much time with the kitten than on my studies.

slykat12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Outdoor cats don't live very long. Clearly this baby is being tortured. I would change my parents minds by telling them the situation and get that scared baby inside. Show mom and dad that the baby is suffering. In addition. do well on your studies to show them you earned the right to keep this baby indoors. Personally i would sneak him in at night. lol BTW get him fixed ASAP .

BTW he is not feral. Feral cats do not let humans touch them. He is a homeless cat that is unless you take him in :).

Last edited:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How old is the kitten?  There may be fighting because of territory.  Is the kitten neutered?  If not there will be lots of fighting.  If your parents do not allow you to care for him inside, is it possible to find another home for him?  He will certainly not last very long outside.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

explodom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My  parents  are  pretty  much  aware  of  the  situation.  My  studies  are  going  fine.  91%  in grade  ten.  My  parents  say  they  will  think  aout  it  ut  never  get  around  to  it.  Parents  of  my  country  hardly  ever  change  their  minds.  If  I  sneak  him  in,  I'm  dead.

The  kitten is  going  through  the  early  stages  of  puerty.  not  nuetered.  The  kitten would  try  to  hide  not  fight.  The  other  day,  he  saw  an adult  male  on our  wall.  He  ra  as  fast  as  he  could  to  the  other  side  of  the  house.  noone  else  has  agreed  to  take  him  inside  their  homes.

Also,  I  have  another  feral  cat,a  mother(took  me  six  months  to  tame  her).  The  father  seems  to  e  the  ully.  The  mother  and  father  get  along  pretty  well.  The  mother  and  kitten rarely  fight.

ladeekatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know you're looking for suggestions to make this poor kittens life easier, but unfortunately the only thing that will insure him a long healthy life if finding a home for him that can keep him indoors. I understand you don't think it's likely your parents will allow him to come indoors, so your only option may be trying to find a shelter near you that can take him. All he wants is love and protection, and being unable to provide BOTH, you should do as much research as you can about local shelters. He deserves a life free from fear, pain, and loneliness, as I'm sure you will agree.

samnmag

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I certainly appreciate that you are doing the best you can under the circumstances but I echo Ladeekat's advice.  He needs a safe and loving home.  You might check with your local shelter or your vets.  Most towns/cities have a pet rescue of some sort.  Quite often, also, pets stores will support pet rescues as well.  If you speak to all of the above, they will be able to give you their take on the local rescues and shelter as not all rescue groups are reputable and you want kitty to be safe.   Good luck and do let us know how you make out.   

explodom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Looked  everywhere.  no  one  has  agreed  to  give  the  kitten a  loving,  safe  home.

I  have  some  news  (don't  know  good  or  bad).  The  male  adult  has  an injured  eye.  He  looks  very  sick  and  might  have  an infection.  I  have  not  see  him  since.  If  I  help  him  he  goes  back  to  fighting  my  kitten.  If  I  don't,  I  am  responsible  for  the  death  of  a  cat  which  I  might  have been able  to prevent.  What  do  I  do?

Also,  I  would  be  very  sorry  to  see  the  kitten go.  I  have  grown attached  to  it.

samnmag

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I understand your dilemma but you must remember, it's about the cats.  Firstly, with the injured one you should try to get him some help.  I am not sure that you should be the one to approach him though if he is feral and a fighter unless you can somehow lure him into a carrier and then I would call a vet or a no-kill shelter.  As for your little friend.  I know you would miss him and I know you really care for him but put yourself in his little furry paws.  He is outside and probably alone for most of the time.  He is young and has to try to survive.  Even if the other male cat is out of the picture, that would be a temporary fix because other cats are not the only threat to him.  His whole life is a few moments of time with you and the rest of the time is trying to survive.  In addition, he is not getting the preventative shots he needs and any other health concerns there may be that you can't see are being overlooked.  You now need to ask yourself if that is the kind of life you really want your little friend to endure.  I am sure he loves you but he is also looking to you to do something to help him.  Do keep us posted.

explodom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The  adult  male  runs  whenever  I  or  anyone  else  comes  near.  If  I  set  a  trap,  I  end  up  catching  one  of  my  two  cats.

The  kitten is  almost  the  same  as  the  average  indoor  cat  except  that  he lives  outside  and  is  not  nuetered.  no  other  cats  come  and  go  because  they  are  dead  scared  of  the  mother  cat.  The  kitten never  wanders  far  because  he  knows  I  will  take  care  of  him.  I  keep  thinking  that  if  he  will  have  a  short  life,  he  should  enjoy  it  while  he  can.  I  sometimes  sneak  out  at  night  to  be  with  him.

explodom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just  when  I  thought  I  had  enough  problems.  The  mother  cat  took  its  kitten  for  a  walk  and  the  kitten  did  not  like  what  he  saw.  now  he  tries  to  attack  the  baby  and  now  the  male  kitten  and  the  mother  have  a  feud.  Going  to  try  to  introduce  them  slowly.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Go online and see if you can find a group that are doing TNR in your area. I think the only way you can stop your kitten being attacked is to get all the cats, mother, father, new baby and the kitten you are caring for, spayed and neutered.

If you don't the mother will keep having kittens and the older male cats will attack them and chase them off as soon as they are old enough to be a threat to him. The whole family can live in harmony together, I have a lot of ex-feral cats that are happy living together but the only way you can get them to live like this is to get them all fixed.

I understand that you parents don't want you getting too involved with the cats, but it seems that you are so worried about them you can't concentrate on anything else. Once you know they're not going to be fighting with each other you'll be able to relax and get back to your studies.

explodom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't get my cats neutered. There is no experienced surgeon in my country. 

A few more details. The male kitten and the mother have been together since the beginning of October. They used to fight but then stopped. The kitten was not (and is not) bothered by the mothers aggression. Even after they fight, he goes back to purring. His tail is never fluffy. The mother however is the most aggressive cat in the neighborhood. She even kills her own litter except one kitten. She scared away her first kitten I knew when he reached the early stages of puberty. She blinded her second kitten when he was about 3 weeks old. He died.
 now she had 3 kittens. Two of them died due to neglect. I wouldn't neuter her because she is the only female in the neighborhood. 

Also, the male kitten has bee wandering alot lately and returns with a full stomach. Once he gets big enough, I am sure, he will be ale to survive on his own.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Explodom, I really don't know what we can do to help.  We had to lock your previous thread as it became fraught and was going nowhere and now this thread is a continuation of the same problems.

You say in one instance that: I can't get my cats neutered. There is no experienced surgeon in my country.   and then go on to say:  I wouldn't neuter her because she is the only female in the neighborhood.

You are aware that this site is pro spay and neuter.. that is our default position.  There is really very little else that we can say or do in this situation.  I think you need help closer to home.

Here are some suggestions:

https://www.facebook.com/riacapakistan

http://www.ngos.org.pk/Animal/animal_welfare_ngos.htm

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Explodom, I really don't know what we can do to help.  We had to lock your previous thread as it became fraught and was going nowhere and now this thread is a continuation of the same problems.
You say in one instance that: I can't get my cats neutered. There is no experienced surgeon in my country.  and then go on to say:  I wouldn't neuter her because she is the only female in the neighborhood.

You are aware that this site is pro spay and neuter.. that is our default position.  There is really very little else that we can say or do in this situation.  I think you need help closer to home.
Here are some suggestions:

https://www.facebook.com/riacapakistan

http://www.ngos.org.pk/Animal/animal_welfare_ngos.htm
I need to reiterate this.

Some posts have been deleted from this thread. You have been given some excellent advice here, even if you don't feel it has addressed your problems as well as you would have liked. While we understand that there is not adequate vet care in your country we have given all of the advice we can at this point. Telling us of the awful behavior of your mother cat and the multiple kitten deaths is not going to help and is only upsetting members at this point.

Here are some additional resources to look into:

https://www.centillien.com/business-profile/veterinaryclinicandanimalcarecenter

http://www.worldvet.org/education.php?item=444&cat=Pakistan&view=school

http://lelo.pk/index.php?page=item&id=13700

This thread will now be closed.

We have gone as far as we can with this thread and it will now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.