help with raw/homemade for dogs?

stephanie42

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
is there a site like this for dogs, with great people and awesome information?

i'm interested in transitioning my puppy to homemade or possibly raw once we're at the 6 month mark. when i made my cat's food this week, i took some of the most well done chicken and ground it up for the dog.  i mixed it with some cooked egg and rice and have fed it to her along with her wellness and merrick puppy food.  she likes the chicken.  

since alice appears amenable to the chicken mixture, i'd like to cook for her at the same time i cook for the cats.  however, i can't find a good, reliable dog food recipe anywhere.  this is the only one i've found that looks legit:  http://www.foundersvet.com/home_cooking.htm.

does anyone else have any experience/ideas/links?  thanks in advance :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephanie42

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks for the assistance everyone!  i'm having a lot more trouble finding info that seems reliable for feeding dogs raw than i did feeding cats.  i feed my cats like 50/50 home cooked and commercial raw and was planning on doing the same for alice.  each recipe i've found seems to add different supplements and i don't know why.  i might just stick with high-quality canned and commercial raw.