help with cat

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just moved into a new house its very old built 1903. anyways it has a upstairs attic area and they told us the cats will love it so we let them roam around and today one of our cats came up missing i went up looking for him and i could earlier hear him crying faintly on the side of the stairs theirs a tarp where they have insulation but towards the top of stairs it just hangs down where they havent re stapled it and the cat got through from there. im afraid for him and not sure what to do i texted them to ask them what i should do no response

i fear he possible got some insulation in his mouth which could kill him the fact he isnt making a single noise anymore has be very frightened its so hard to even tell where he is based off how weird the area is i could sworn it sounded like he was crying from bottom area of stairs but the only entrance to getting through the walls ect in the first place is by the top where they didnt staple the tarp back

Last edited by a moderator:

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If the floor up there isn't secure don't let your cat go up there. He could've been very seriously injured by that fall.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm glad you found him and didn't have to tear out an entire wall to get him out.

How is he doing? Does he seem to be injured or ill?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This can unfortunately happen in older houses where work is being done or is not complete. Take a very good look around the house for all dangers and then modify the areas available to your cats. How is your cat now?

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love old houses they have so much character and usually lots of little hidden spaces I agree do a good inspection to find those areas before the cats do Please let us know how your cat is doing We worry