help with big kitty need reasonable $ carrier

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Zoey is too tall for her carrier ( plus it also belongs to her sister Gigi)... Zoey is about 13 inches at the shoulder by contrast my 11 lb yorkie is 7-8 .. My only other large carrier belongs to kandie and is big enough for a 35-40 lb kid.. Anyone had this problem?? I need to find a carrier for her cause she doesnt like the leash at the vet...lmao.. not that I blame here.. I will also be using it for trips to and from the petstore and groomers..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
let me abbr this a little.. I am looking for a taller carrier not made for a horse aka a dog of the same height.. zoey is about 11 lbs long tall and lanky... i am hoping to find it under 45 dollars..

dancemuse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is the kind we have. Chesty is a bit bigger than your cat--a little over 12 lbs and also very long and lanky, and he fits perfectly in this carrier. It's a bit more expensive ($49.99 at Petc0) because of the double doors, but I like having both doors. In any case, it should give you a sense of what size you need.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
thank you that looks perfect

savethekitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If price is the issue I would look on Ebay for one. I glanced briefly and saw at least 2 large carriers being auctioned very cheaply with reasonable shipping costs (one was $5.00 + $7.00 for shipping).

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
cost is an issue.. too the extent that 80-100 is out of the ??.. thank you

nano

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought Nano's top-loading carrier from a close-out sale by a local pet store. It was already assembled and sold as-is (admittedly at discount), so...I can't really help you.

All I can say is that if you have an unusual shaped cat, you have to hunt a little harder to find a good carrier. Probably E-bay or hunting local close-out lots is the best way to find what you need. I bought and returned two different unsuitable carriers before happening upon Nano's current model.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nano
Yeah she is unusal ..lol..

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always used and love the Vari Kennel 100 - click here They are sturdy, airline approved, and under $30 (depending on where you buy them
)